Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I got around to getting my OG radio from the cobwebs, put it in my car and instantly remembered why it was in the cobwebs.

I have to wiggle the harness plug for the front and rear to work together, once pressure is off it goes away and either front or rear play sound. With my aftermarket stereo it all works great, nothing stops working. Also the tuner display doesn't light up, everything else does just fine.

So, my question is, should I go in and re-flow this thing? My logic would be a bad connection to the board and being its a 30 year old radio could actually be a good thing to do.

Lastly, does the tuner display light up? If so, I'm assuming its not an LED in there so I would have to find a replacement.

Am I speaking unicorns here or is it reasonably possible? Anyone have similar problems? :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
The tape deck more than likely needs a real good cleaning if not replaced which I'd look for a stereo shop that's been in business for a good 20-30 years they'll probably have everything you'd need laying around in storage and you can probably get it dirt cheap. I was just pissing around with 2 of the 1000's I have today and I'm pretty sure my tape decks shot in 1 and the other one seems to work good but I don't have it hooked up to speakers either just ran it off a car battery. Well good luck man.

·
Registered
20,172 Posts
Rex All Day said:
Ok, ill look at the backlit when i take it apart, as for the scratchiness. what do you think?
If you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with it.
Find a reputable stereo shop that's been in business for 20 yrs or so that has the knowledge and experience in working with this old technology to fix it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts