Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since when did parking lot etiquette end? I know they don't teach road etiquette so I can forgive the left lane tools. But it used to be that people would see you backing out of a parking space and wait for you. Now, no matter how far out you have slowly backed, the current crop of numbnuts believes it is good sport to see if they can get around you before you back into them!

So here is my thought. Along with a carputer, I am going to mount a barrel camera just inside the rear quarter window at the very back pointing towards incoming traffic in each direction. When I shift into reverse, a switch box will be triggered to display those two cameras on the LCD screen. I would also wire each camera to display depending on which turn signal I use (for traffic lane changes.)

Just a thought.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Random thought: Mount them under the rear bumper, facing out to the sides, and replace the barrel camera idea with remote-triggered shotguns. THAT should clear them out! ;)

Mike

PS: I'd be satisfied if these numbnuts could just leave enough room between my tiny car and their behemoth SUV so that (a) I could actually get into my car when I leave the store, and (b) they didn't absolutely HAVE TO leave a fresh door ding in my now-less-than-pristine 15-year-old car. It seems no matter where I go, no matter how far I park from the store or any other vehicles, I come out to find someone else's car violating my car's "personal space". I'm not an a-hole (well, not about parking, anyway - about other things, definitely!); I park well away from others, I park between the lines, I take up exactly ONE parking space because people who manage to take up two or four spaces just drive me nuts - and still someone has to go out of their way to park inches from my door and then whack it with theirs. Shotguns might to too good for them. Maybe I should rig up a spray nozzle connected to my crankcase, and hose 'em with a jet of boiling oil. :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grouch said:
...or you could install some of those flame throwing exhaust tips. Fire that a few times and I guarantee anybody coming will wait.
Don't tempt me. Remember, I am the guy who told you he wanted to mount a remote-controlled automatic pellet gun under the hood. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Kwicko said:
people who manage to take up two or four spaces just drive me nuts
If there's plenty of spaces around, that kind of thing doesn't bother me. In a crowded parking lot, I've been known to use the CRX's small size to park in the half-spaces left over by the bad parking jobs of others. Preferably as close to their driver's door as possible (which usually puts me close to the center of the half-space) . They can't ding my car if they can't get to their door.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
bobski said:
Kwicko said:
people who manage to take up two or four spaces just drive me nuts
If there's plenty of spaces around, that kind of thing doesn't bother me. In a crowded parking lot, I've been known to use the CRX's small size to park in the half-spaces left over by the bad parking jobs of others. Preferably as close to their driver's door as possible (which usually puts me close to the center of the half-space) . They can't ding my car if they can't get to their door.
I do that too all the time. Not uncommon for people to wait for me, telling me what an ass I am, only for me to point out they're parked over the line.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Maybe it's time to break-out my old idea for the sparetire-powered nailgun. (Devised when I lived in Jahja and had to deal with the imbecile truckers on I-75.)

"The silent are deadly." Thwwwwp! :twisted:

We have more than our share of clueless nimrods here in Duh-laware, also. Loads of "privileged" SUV & big pickup owners whom have no clue that the lines demarking spaces are there for a reason. These same lazy @sses are also frequently found in the fire lane next to the liquor store.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crxsquared said:
Maybe it's time to break-out my old idea for the sparetire-powered nailgun. (Devised when I lived in Jahja and had to deal with the imbecile truckers on I-75.)

"The silent are deadly." Thwwwwp! :twisted:
Ah, another twisted mind like mine.

I want to be able to drop roofing nails. Yes, I am disturbed.

Maybe Mark could let us know how much time we would be looking at with such mods. Surely it would be only a misdemeanor.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
grouch said:
Charles said:
Surely it would be only a misdemeanor.
Until those roofing nails caused a blow out on a SUV, triggering a roll over and killing/maiming the passengers (probably full of kids).
You're right! I would also need to get a James Bond license plate switcher!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.