Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,384 Posts
jfrolang said:
It's nice, no question. I'm not sure if I could bring myself to drive it. I'd probably park it and admire it.

With all the talk lately of CRX eBay values, it makes me wonder what my car would bring. Oh it's not for sale, I'm just curious what it's worth...
It def is nice, i would prob drive it, esp if i paid what i think it is going to go fo.

My guess, yours might not bring as much(if it were for sale) as the one in the auction
Two very different cars are being compared, so i guess it would depend on what market you are targeting.

An original, low milage, stock, untouched Crx Si
vs.
a highly modified (relatively speaking), 91 Dx.

Lots of modded Crx's, not many complete, original untouched Si examples, yet alone Crx's with that original low milage, still left out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,423 Posts
But really though, if I bought something like that, there'd be no way I'd drive it. The whole reason to be paying that much for an old CRX is because it's near perfect and low low miles. I enjoy driving my cars hard and going on road trips so it would soon be where my current CRX is, in which I paid a ton less and have a ton more fun with. I have a car that barely sees weekends and honestly, it's stupid. These cars are a blast to drive, and I just couldn't see me driving that thing like it should be driven.

Even if I had the cash, and I mean A LOT of extra cash, I'd probably just buy it and make it into a memorial in my huge mansion. It would have it's own room, and any visitors would have to suit up in one-piece silk jackets to enter.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this whole thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
even the 1GEN crx's are making a killing on e-bay, there was a low mileage 90,000 miles I think (black one) that bid up to $4000 (reserve not met)

And also a RICED OUT 1gen that was bid up to $3450 reserve not met..

Hell when I tried to sell my MINT 1gen SI on a forum/craigslist I got offered $500-$1800 with all my parts,mugens,rare ass parts etc.. CRAZY..

If I decide to sell definitely it will go e-bay..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
Its me DUB said:
I enjoy driving my cars hard and going on road trips so it would soon be where my current CRX is, in which I paid a ton less and have a ton more fun with. I have a car that barely sees weekends and honestly, it's stupid. These cars are a blast to drive, and I just couldn't see me driving that thing like it should be driven[/b].
Finally, my feelings put into words as to why I never drove sinful and sold her to Matt.

Sorry, back on topic. I don't think I'd be driving that car either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
jfrolang said:
It's nice, no question. I'm not sure if I could bring myself to drive it. I'd probably park it and admire it.

With all the talk lately of CRX eBay values, it makes me wonder what my car would bring. Oh it's not for sale, I'm just curious what it's worth...
I think a lot of times people who are in the market for a clean stock CRX are those that want a good reliable car (hence that's why they're looking for a Honda) and the stock ones are more attractive because they don't want to buy one that some inexperienced kid tried to rice rocket out with unknown aftermarket parts and unknown mechanical skill.

For the average consumer, a CRX is nothing more than a great commuter car, and the low miles on one is typically the cherry on top of the sundae since lower miles usually means less to worry about.

What would you buy a used car with a ton of miles or one with low miles?

I don't think this CRX is worthy of the treatment you're talking about, but it would make an excellent buy for someone to get lots of good trouble free miles and years out of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,423 Posts
Just think of the equivalent of what you could get for $6-10k. Plenty of other options for someone just concerned with getting a reliable car to get around in.
Old is old to the average consumer...I doubt that the high bidders are classified in the 'average consumer' bracket.
To anyone other than a CRX nut...paying that much money for an old car (still not considered a classic) is just silly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,384 Posts
Its me DUB said:
Just think of the equivalent of what you could get for $6-10k. Plenty of other options for someone just concerned with getting a reliable car to get around in.
Old is old to the average consumer...I doubt that the high bidders are classified in the 'average consumer' bracket.
To anyone other than a CRX nut...paying that much money for an old car (still not considered a classic) is just silly.
Most def man. The "regular" person will not be looking for a $5k-$10k, 20 yr old car, yet alone a Crx.

It all comes down to target market, for this Cult Classic! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Penz said:
Well that makes me feel better. The description would have fit my car when I bought it in '04, except for the color and mileage (79,000). I paid $5K for it then and thought I'd overpaid. It's got 93,000 on it now and the swap - maybe it's still worth $5K, who knows.

Not that I bought it for an investment at all. I'm addicted to CRXs just like everyone else on here.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top