Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hanging around for a wee while now, I thought I'd better post up.

I'm Scott from Scotland and I have a UK VT (EE8).

Here are some pics :)

I've had this one for nearly seven years but before it I had a yellow 16V for three years.

So... hi!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the Community.

Nice KR-X, what kind of hid's did you retro fit?

Is the s2000 ign. functional?

Keep us posted.

~Shane :wink:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Nice ride welcome !!!!!!

Man i was excited last year to get a B swap done. . . . . now everyones going K . . . . .i couldnt even afford to buy the engine. . .

SEWWT RIDE MAN<>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys :D Nice to see a few familar names. Apologies to the guys that have to read this stuff one more time though...

To answer the questions:
The HIDs are a rebadged 6000K Pilot kit (company name "HIDs4U" stuck over the Pilot sticker and they arrived in the Pilot box, so...)
S2000 start button is fully functional.
Apart from this one

and a few of the shifter and dash from when I was building it on THIS page I've not really got any interior pics, sorry.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nonterraquous, now I remember your build thread on k20.org...

I hope you dont mind me asking how much the infamous Mark Lamond charged for his digi-cluster work?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Sweet ride as well as that ubersweet y-49 ride you had. :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rexman said:
I hope you dont mind me asking how much the infamous Mark Lamond charged for his digi-cluster work?
Mark charged me about £150 but you can find a price list of sorts here: http://www.marklamond.co.uk/products/s2000/order.htm For the amount of work he did for me I considered this cheap.

Hey Bart - I still keep an eye on a lot of the forums, watching a few builds :D I don't tend to post that much, if I have something to add, I will, but mostly I arrive to the party too late because of the time difference :)

The hole in the bonnet was always temporary :) and I finally changed the idler set up to the same way John at Icon does it. I removed the idler assembly and put the wheel from that on the tensioner. The alternator then got flipped and shifted down.

I had to grind a bit off the alternator and quite a bit off the engine side to get it to fit. This was because it seems impossible to get a slightly longer belt across here :rolleyes1: I went to quite a few motor factors and not one could help me, so I decided to make the stock belt fit, which meant getting the alternator as snug as possible. Not perfect but it will do :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.