Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Followed Simmy here... hey guys.

Some of yous already know me from other forums.

Name is Mike, im 29, live in Perth and I have an obsession with CRXs, I run the Perth CRX Club which Simmy is a part of. My Gf also owns a Gen3 CRX Delsol.

i own:

July 1983 Ballade Sports CR-X [GENONE] - this is probably one of the rarest out there apart from the original CRX in the Honda Museum, chassis number is AF1000029.

1984 Ballade Sports CR-X [BANDIT], she's my current work in progress project for street/racing. D16A3 DOHC

1991 CRX Si (aus-spec) [SINISTR] - daily driver at the moment

GENONE and SINISTR

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No favourites, each one has its goods and is different to the other.

GENONE is a cruiser
BANDIT - thats yet to be seen but hopefully a worthy track contender and all round fun car
SINISTR - a bit of show, a bit of go and a bit of trackwh*re so shes doing well :)

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
:welcome:

I saw your name under topic author, and it did not appear to be a new name to me. I know I've seen it before, somewhere, I just don't know where right now.

Anyway, that's a nice collection you've got going there. Minty fresh 1st gen, hard to believe it's over 23 years old (older than me!), and the sawblades look right at home on it. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeh i was surprised when i looked under memberslist not to find SINISTR there...

i like SINISTR the best.. mainly cos i remember it before all the work. And its HAAAWWTTT!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Jfrolang,

im usually either under GENONE or SINISTR - those two nicknames.

GENONE is sweet, comes out of the garage twice a year. Sawblades wont be on there for long, as soon as i get some time i'll clean up some original gen1 wheels i got for her and new tyres..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Charlie said:
that red one is pretty nice... and i'm not usually a fan of big body kits.

so wait, GENONE as in volleyball?? or am i just getting senile in my old age...
some kits make it and some break it... i have a clean style of kits, and in my eyes the car looks how i want it :) so thanks for the comment - glad you like it too.

GENONE - well i did a search and i came up with something to do with the fall of CRX Resource due to an argument between someone called GENONE and Volleyball? im not that GENONE thats for sure. I was on there years ago, had my crx's features in november 2003 i believe (somewhere around there) so unless someone hacked my account - it wasn't me. I did wonder why my genone account was actually locked out - so that could explain that???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Nice pack of crxs you've got there.
Im partial to the red one, it being a 2nd gen. When I bought my CRX, it came with that kit, err or the look a like in thick fiberglass. I traded it off as I was sure I would screw it up somehow. Yours looks sick.... :shock:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome! I love that 2nd gen too. I almost spent the cash getting a Cyber 1 sent here from Australia. Then the Cyber 2 copies started being sold here and I changed my mind on how I wanted the car to look. Yours looks great.

Can we see more of it!? I really would like to see that rear wing a bit closer. Is that from the Cyber 2 kit? It looks different than the wing they are selling with the US version of the Cyber 2 (they call it Mugen Flared here)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Angry said:
it came with that kit, err or the look a like in thick fiberglass. I traded it off as I was sure I would screw it up somehow. Yours looks sick.... :shock:
Thanks... some kits did come absolutely shocking, people ripp peoples moulds off and thats where the problems start :(
My kit luckily came off a good mould even tho its not an original cyber. I've got a couple mates who have had LOTS of problems with side skirts in particular (too short) and the fitment of the front bars as well.

Azulito:

thanks man - mines a combo of cyber 1 and 2 - wanted to be a bit different. I modified the rear bar myself too... also not to be like all the other guys with the twin exhaust tips eitherside of the bar - i went for the 'dtm' style

he's a couple more pics from thesame photo session. I'll also post up a recent Club Feature we got done for our club.

·
Registered
720 Posts
That's undeniably HOT! I like the way you modified the rear as well. One nice thing about that original Cyber design was the huge opening in the front bumper, nice for FMIC's! The paint and wheel color go very well together.

That version of the rear wing I really dig too. Love to get some up close pics of that!

It was this old picture from CRX Australia that really got me going on my project. Do you know much about the hood vents? They seem like they were really popular down there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mark,

good question: unfortunatelly there is no cultish following for LHDs, its all JDM craziness here hehe. Being fairly close to Japan and pretty much all imports here are RHDs - no one really looks at getting LHD CRXs. I think shipping to Australia would be an absolute killer, it costs $3000 to ship a car from NZ to Australia and thats only about 1000kms away from the East Coast.

I do know of someone here in Perth tho - who imported a Drag CRX shell from the US - and its a LHD. apart from that - no - no following here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.