·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teen killed in Dale City wreck

David Stegon
Potomac News
Wednesday, September 28, 2005

An 18-year-old Gar-Field Senior High School student was killed after he lost control of his car and crashed into a utility box in a Dale City neighborhood Monday evening, a Prince William County police spokesman said.

Hicham Toloune of 14747 Darbydale Ave. was driving east on Cloverdale Road near Dodson Court when his Honda CRX crashed into a parked truck and then spun into a utility box around 6:55 p.m., said Officer John Bogert, police spokesman.

Toloune was pronounced dead on the scene while his passenger, another 18-year-old Gar-Field student whose name was not released, suffered life-threatening injuries, but is expected to make a full recovery, police said.

Toloune's mother, Khadra, reached at the family's home Tuesday afternoon, declined to be interviewed for this story.

The section of Cloverdale Road where Toloune lost control goes down a hill and veers to the left. Police said Toloune was driving too fast down the hill, causing him to lose control. Drugs and alcohol were not factors in the crash.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Charles said:
Toloune's mother, Khadra, reached at the family's home Tuesday afternoon, declined to be interviewed for this story.
This is the part that is most disturbing to me. Why the hell do journalists even try to contact the bereaved? As if the loss of their son isn't enough, a journalist has to call them up asking for an exclusive interview about their son's death.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
stickershop said:
Charles said:
This is the part that is most disturbing to me. Why the hell do journalists even try to contact the bereaved? As if the loss of their son isn't enough, a journalist has to call them up asking for an exclusive interview about their son's death.
That's exactly what I was going to say! That's just disturbing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I hate that crap too. The last thing they want to talk about is their dead son :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Crap, thats not too far from me. My wife and I go to Dale City all the time to the market she likes. Not familar with that road though.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it much less to do with the road and more to do with the inexperience of the driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts