Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found another SE for sale here locally. Its got about 360,000 on it and requires a rear trailing arm. Still on the original motor, i haven't talked to the owner just yet, but i have left him a msg.

As a couple of you know i'm looking to pickup another car so i can take my present SE off the road and begin the restore.

Hes asking $2500 for it...
I can afford it, but i'm looking at picking up a car i can drive for the next couple months atleast, till mine is back up and running...

suggestions? i'm seriously doubting this thing will pass emissions...

also... anyone got a rear trailing arm? how much do they usually go for?

Why would it require replacement!?

·
Registered
390 Posts
My guess would be the bushing is bad.. Or a seized bolt or broke one and can't do anything with it... I'd call him and try to get the details. I wish i could get an SE... buy it! =)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my theory:

Honda loves Japan and Europe... they gave them exclusive parts unheard of on cars here... especially a crx...(classed as a civic)?!
- Automatic climate control...
- Glass roof
- Headlight washers
- Power folding mirrors
- Power adjustable headlights
- Back seats!!!
??!

Honda hates america... as they didn't really do anything special for the cars there in my opinion...

and finally Honda doesn't hate us here in canada, but places us quite close to america... and so we got 1 special vehicle... the Special Edition... (i still wish i got a glass roof and auto climate!)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys right now theres 2 SEs for sale in my area... pm me if someones interested and i'll get you info for them.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
what is "special" about the SE's ?? Just curious. All I know so far is they were in Canada only.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
what is "special" about the SE's ?? Just curious. All I know so far is they were in Canada only.
They fly ;)
Lol, non sériously, it is a regular SI, that came in Vogue Silver only.Side moldings are silver too. Side Skirts are black. Came with a rear spoiler that looks like the JDM one. They have a leather covered sterring wheel, and a CD player. They supposed to have made only 250 of them, but we have doubt on that since we see a lot SE for 250 spreaded over canada.. That's why I setup the database.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Synoptic said:
Ragnaarok said:
They fly ;)
Lol, non sériously, it is a regular SI, that came in Vogue Silver only.Side moldings are silver too. Side Skirts are black. Came with a rear spoiler that looks like the JDM one. They have a leather covered sterring wheel, and a CD player. They supposed to have made only 250 of them, but we have doubt on that since we see a lot SE for 250 spreaded over canada.. That's why I setup the database.
You are a wise man Synoptic...

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Synoptic said:
They supposed to have made only 250 of them, but we have doubt on that since we see a lot SE for 250 spreaded over canada.. That's why I setup the database.
is this database online, and/or how many have you accounted for ?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
On the Honda OE parts lists for 91 CRXs, there's some items which are for Special Editions that note the starting VIN range from 493. It's quite likely that not all consecutive numbers are used but it is for sure about the 250 only as I have a letter from Scarborough stating so. I needed it for the Collector plate application.

·
Registered
66 Posts
coldtotouch said:
my theory:

Honda loves Japan and Europe... they gave them exclusive parts unheard of on cars here... especially a crx...(classed as a civic)?!
- Glass roof
- Headlight washers
- Power folding mirrors
- Back seats!!!
??!

Honda hates america... as they didn't really do anything special for the cars there in my opinion...

and finally Honda doesn't hate us here in canada, but places us quite close to america... and so we got 1 special vehicle... the Special Edition... (i still wish i got a glass roof and auto climate!)
The problem with foreign automakers selling their cars here.. is that the dealer can only install so many options, so the factory is required to equip the options as prescribed by the buyer. This makes the turn-around time slower for european and japanese cars and they are fine with it. In the united states the inclination is to have the options they want right then and there. Leading many automakers to just go ahead and limit the amount of options and produce multiple identical. This flies in the face of the automotive purist such that all of us are, who crave individualism and rarity to some extent greater then the typical customer. Not to mention there was still the need on honda's part to make a product that was above and beyond the competition to solidify market presence and steal the the covetted market share by producing the best car for the money. Efficiency of value leaves very little room for options deemed to be luxurious.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
poormansporsche said:
coldtotouch said:
my theory:

- Glass roof
- Headlight washers
- Power folding mirrors
- Back seats!!!
??!

The problem with foreign automakers selling their cars here.. is that the dealer can only install so many options, so the factory is required to equip the options as prescribed by the buyer. This makes the turn-around time slower for european and japanese cars and they are fine with it. In the united states the inclination is to have the options they want right then and there. Leading many automakers to just go ahead and limit the amount of options and produce multiple identical. This flies in the face of the automotive purist such that all of us are, who crave individualism and rarity to some extent greater then the typical customer. Not to mention there was still the need on honda's part to make a product that was above and beyond the competition to solidify market presence and steal the the covetted market share by producing the best car for the money. Efficiency of value leaves very little room for options deemed to be luxurious.
Well put... though however for some reason i feel Honda's still holdin america for that bomb they dropped...

my opinion people...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So heres an update on the SE's...

one is now Teal Green (blue?) OEM color, apparently well painted, slight rust, but the owner has maintained her quite well at 261,000 KM

the second one is in horrible shape, shes even missing her rear spoiler... shes at 360,000KM, and the hatch is black Shocked rust is bad (no worse than my car presently)...

funny, he wants $2500 cdn for it... 360,000 is alotta clicks
edit: his spoiler is in the garage, just not mounted apparently.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Did you get the VIN's? If so, can you PM them to me? I'll be able to tell you right away if they are actually Special Editions or not. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.