Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the guy that did the conversion = total weiner.

I got the VIS front bumper (Mugen knock off), and it's for the JDM front end. I have the JDM headlights and what-not, but I am having an issue with the headlight mounting. My passenger side (left side) fits perfect, but the driver side (right side), is sagging a bit.

Does anyone know of a write-up somewhere that explains doing the JDM headlight swap? I know, I know, I could go to HT and search, but time is not on my side these days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Neil

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
+1 what Bas said. I have the regular USDM headlights on my car, my drivers side fits great, passenger side is kinda funky. In the history of the car, it was hit on the pass. side (before I got it) so it's either the light frame or maybe just as simple as a spacer missing or something.

I'll investigate when I get better lights. :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SETI20 said:
The headlight swap should go like "Take out USDM headlight, put in JDM/EDM headlight, re-wire, done."
If it's sagging, something is wrong with either the mounting points, or the headlight frame.
That's kind of what I was thinking. HOwever, this dude could mess up a wet dream. So, I'm never sure what to expect with this car. Plus, this is my first attempt at any body fitting or anything like that, so I'm a bit cautious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is how things lined up before:

He had a USDM Wings West bumper on it with usdm corner markers. The headlight looks like it's not lining up, right? I have gotten the JDM corners and have been using them to kind of line things up too. They line up good with the fender, just not the headlight. *sigh* I guess I'll have to start shimming and see what I can come up with.

Does anyone have a good photo like the one above that shows fitment? I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Well.... keep in mind that the JDM/EDM headlights used on the SiR/VT are shaped differently.

So even if you have JDM corners, if they aren't SiR ones they would not liine up perfectly still.

In this case, the curvature of the corner would be different, leaving a small gap between the headlight and the corner. It should fit the same apart from that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.