Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run out of family, friends and co-workers to give out GMail invites to, and I've got 50 still to give away.

Been using GMail since ... last spring ... back when dufuses were buying invites off eBay for as much as $10 USD (maybe higher).

Anyway, its become my exclusive e-mail now. I use Mozilla Thunderbird to download copies of my GMail as an offline backup, but daily reading/writing is strictly through their web interface.

You can use any POP3/SMTP capable e-mail client if you like, but I find the web interface quite powerful on its own -- and no matter where I am, I've got full access to my mail.

They've upped the storage to just over 2GB now too.

PM me if you want an invite.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Two happy customers so far. 48 invites remaining.

If not for yourself, if you have friends or family who are relying on Hotmail or Yahoo or some other hokey free web-mail service -- get them on GMail.

If you would rather not send me your e-mail address for me to send the invite to, I can send it here as a PM instead.

I'm not getting a referral bonus or any sort of pyramid-scheme benefit here, so just take one. Its not a big deal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CrxCarl said:
What is so bad about Hotmail? Works for me. Why should I want GMail?
Give it a try. Maybe I've had a long day, but ... in life, I've just about had it with bothering to take the time to convince people to try new and better things.

If you feel your service ain't broke and needs no fixing, stay the course.

Got lots of invites, so even if you think you'll toss the account or give it away, I don't care. Its not an exclusive club or anything.

Lots of links out there vilifying or praising GMail. You decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts