Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone wanted to go into a group buy with myself for an Odyssy PC680 sealed battery. The link below provides more info:

http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?p=ODY-PC680

I wanted to move my battery out of the engine bay and figured I'd get a smaller battery while I'm at it. I know Tom wants to be included, so thats 2 people so far.

As far as getting them to people, I don't know if i can ship to 10 different addresses (don't think so). But I can ship them to me, and if it's in time I could bring them with me to N12 and deliver them to whoever is included in the buy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, with 10 or more people at batterymart they will knock 10 bucks off from 85 to 75. Maybe we can get more from a different place, not sure but ideas are welcome...

hmm, not going to N12? then shipping it might not be worth it (ie-cancel out the difference in discount, at least at battery mart).

Not sure how feasible this idea is, but thought I'd try anyway.

Ideas on logistics, etc ... please chime in

·
Registered
850 Posts
Once you ad the posts (which you will need and are sold separately) plus shipping plus waiting, you might as well get it on ebay for $105 shipped with terminals. I ordered mine yesterday.
Group buys are always a mess, you never get all the money at once, you have to keep reminding people, some drop out, the company will most likely won't drop ship them to individual addresses so you end up having to ship them to all the participants, etc. I run away from group buys, seems like a good deal until you actually go ahead and try it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've mentioned this before, but in addition to the terminals which you DEFINITELY want to get, I'd also advise getting the bracket that they sell to mount the battery. It's not just a bent piece of perforated steel strap or generic "L" bracket, it's like a sleeve that fits around the battery and even has tabs on the bottom to hold it in -- you can lift it up by the bracket alone. I mounted mine in the locking storage box behind the passenger seat, which required busting out the dremel and doing a little "clearancing". It fits perfectly now and even has enough room to get jumper cables on it, which I found out recently after playing the radio for too long while working on and cleaning up the car :)

I dunno if the savings are worth the group-buy PITA-factor, but I'd recommend the battery in general, as well as the accessories I mentioned which are really a "must-have" in my book.

If I remember I'll post some pics sometime soon, pretty busy with the USGP coming up this weekend but I might remember :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright, I'm gonna scrap the idea of the group buy and just order a single one for myself. Had to try it, and thanks for the tips.

ryan_long_01: not sure what you mean by the mounting bracket. Found one at batterymart.com but doesn't seem like it would helpful for a internally mounted battery. Maybe I'm mistaken or just looking at the wrong one.

·
Registered
734 Posts
stef said:
ryan_long_01: not sure what you mean by the mounting bracket. Found one at batterymart.com but doesn't seem like it would helpful for a internally mounted battery. Maybe I'm mistaken or just looking at the wrong one.
http://www.aircraft-spruce.com/catalog/elpages/odysseydry.php

It's the black "mounting box" on that page. Whatever battery site I ordered mine off of them had them available...search around more (I am a bit rushed) and I'm sure you can find them other places too.

Not sure if this is the one that you already saw, but it works perfectly for my application, mounting the battery laying down flat on a flat surface, and as a bonus, it looks pretty nice and matches the cargo box fairly well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.