Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
734 Posts
I've mentioned this before, but in addition to the terminals which you DEFINITELY want to get, I'd also advise getting the bracket that they sell to mount the battery. It's not just a bent piece of perforated steel strap or generic "L" bracket, it's like a sleeve that fits around the battery and even has tabs on the bottom to hold it in -- you can lift it up by the bracket alone. I mounted mine in the locking storage box behind the passenger seat, which required busting out the dremel and doing a little "clearancing". It fits perfectly now and even has enough room to get jumper cables on it, which I found out recently after playing the radio for too long while working on and cleaning up the car :)

I dunno if the savings are worth the group-buy PITA-factor, but I'd recommend the battery in general, as well as the accessories I mentioned which are really a "must-have" in my book.

If I remember I'll post some pics sometime soon, pretty busy with the USGP coming up this weekend but I might remember :)

· Registered
734 Posts
stef said:
ryan_long_01: not sure what you mean by the mounting bracket. Found one at batterymart.com but doesn't seem like it would helpful for a internally mounted battery. Maybe I'm mistaken or just looking at the wrong one.
http://www.aircraft-spruce.com/catalog/elpages/odysseydry.php

It's the black "mounting box" on that page. Whatever battery site I ordered mine off of them had them available...search around more (I am a bit rushed) and I'm sure you can find them other places too.

Not sure if this is the one that you already saw, but it works perfectly for my application, mounting the battery laying down flat on a flat surface, and as a bonus, it looks pretty nice and matches the cargo box fairly well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.