Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to make the move to North Carolina this Spring. My last job, I left on bad terms.

Im wondering if I put them on my application as my last employer, what info are they legaly allowed to give out? From what I understand, the only info they are allowed to give out is how long I was there and what my position was.

:idea: Im getting my Stepdad to call there tommorow as a prospective employer to kind of feel them out and see what they say. If they give out info there not supposed to by law, Im calling a lawyer. :evil:

·
Registered
734 Posts
From what I've HEARD, they are *allowed* to say anything. But, there is a legal precedent for lawsuits stemming from former employers saying bad things about former employees to potential new employers. So, places that know what's up won't usually say anything about someone that left on bad terms other than confirming when you worked there and things like that. But, they can and probably could say something bad. Might wanna feel it out with someone placing a fake call like you said.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts