Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Crxmanpat nice shirt haha! Have you had a in n out burger?

I just posted this on crz forum and hondatech because I want more people to show. It anybody has friends they know won't race around you can bring them too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
snotrocket said:
Crxmanpat nice shirt haha! Have you had a in n out burger?

I just posted this on crz forum and hondatech because I want more people to show. It anybody has friends they know won't race around you can bring them too...
so you just went and let it be an open invite to a bunch of, more or less hoodlums and boosters, count me out :yuck: theres gonna be more traffic problems and speeders,.... would have been better for just a strict forum meet, that way you would know whos acting a fool, my opinion only....

snotrocket said:
Now it's on nwp4life
like i said......no will power to not floor it......let me know how it turned out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
techmaf said:
snotrocket said:
Crxmanpat nice shirt haha! Have you had a in n out burger?

I just posted this on crz forum and hondatech because I want more people to show. It anybody has friends they know won't race around you can bring them too...
so you just went and let it be an open invite to a bunch of, more or less hoodlums and boosters, count me out :yuck: theres gonna be more traffic problems and speeders,.... would have been better for just a strict forum meet, that way you would know whos acting a fool, my opinion only....

snotrocket said:
Now it's on nwp4life
like i said......no will power to not floor it......let me know how it turned out
I wasn't aware you were interested otherwise I would have added you to roll call.

I made thoose descions based on the 12:4 ratio from last months cruise. If currently only three crxs are confirmed the likelyhood one member will truly show up is still low (besides myself). Honda tech and nwp do have bad reps I will agree with you there. The crz crowd is still small and maybe they'd take this oppurtunity to represent themselves by acting mature during the cruise. Realistically only grown disciplined men with jobs can afford to make it because of gas prices and the risk of getting a ticket. If somebody does get roudy then I'll be there to tell them to leave but is even better if they get cited. I posted the curret fines so you can weigh the pros and cons of illegal activities during the cruise... It's up to you do or don't come but you are welcome and Im glad you care enough to share your opinion.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
I have to agree with techmaf Alex. With the invites at HT and NWP, you might end up with "numbers"...but you'll just end up supporting the "quantity over quality" argument. In the end, it's your cruise, and your decision. But my opinion is that it's a bad move...not only for you and your cruises, but for the CRXCommunity as well.

I know you're looking to get more people out there man, but my advice is to just be patient and let it grow naturally. Our bi-monthly meets started the same way. We had maybe 6 people max at each meet for like 3-4 years! A couple meets only had 3 people! lol I've never advertised it anywhere but here, and now it's grown into what it is today.

Sure, we can get a ton of people right off the bat by advertising all over the place...but are those really the type of people that you want at the cruise? If you truly want to build this into something that lasts, you need to start with a good, solid foundation. I don't think you'll achieve that with the typical HT/NWP/ETC crowds.

Good luck with it man! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
nihkon said:
I have to agree with techmaf Alex. With the invites at HT and NWP, you might end up with "numbers"...but you'll just end up supporting the "quantity over quality" argument. In the end, it's your cruise, and your decision. But my opinion is that it's a bad move...not only for you and your cruises, but for the CRXCommunity as well.

I know you're looking to get more people out there man, but my advice is to just be patient and let it grow naturally. Our bi-monthly meets started the same way. We had maybe 6 people max at each meet for like 3-4 years! A couple meets only had 3 people! lol I've never advertised it anywhere but here, and now it's grown into what it is today.

Sure, we can get a ton of people right off the bat by advertising all over the place...but are those really the type of people that you want at the cruise? If you truly want to build this into something that lasts, you need to start with a good, solid foundation. I don't think you'll achieve that with the typical HT/NWP/ETC crowds.

Good luck with it man! :wink:
just in case you forgot what nikkon wrote,...couldnt of said it better myself, seems to me youre getting over excited but i do understand what youre trying to achieve, but thats no way to accomplish, keeping it smaller is not a sight you might want to see but it will help you out greats with keeping it organized and not a bunch of crx's trying to catch up;speeding, to one another due to red lights if not traffic, once someone floors it the domino effect will be created and really telling someone to leave after them getting "rowdy" could make it worse and have them act more of a fool (seen it happen before with people getting bounced)... and i would like to slap my name in roll call and attend but im in the middle of my crx swap and i know i wont make that dead line, but am hoping to make the next bi-monthly meet, crossing my fingers ill be legitalized by then
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
I'm still down for this if I can sneak out for the weekend. I'll know for sure in the next few days. My sis-in-law lives in Long Beach, so I'll probably head over Friday evening, go fly with my RC buddies on Saturday in Ontario, then hit the cruise on Sunday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
OK, go ahead and put me down for the cruise. If plans change I'll let you know. But for now I should be in LA all next weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Khato said:
Yeah im worried about not having a cat and my piping.... its pretty loud.
yeah i got no cat either it sounds like crap...
i want to go, ill see if i can make it i just got into an accident, nothing serious just my fender and little dent on my door :( so i want to have that fixed for the cruise.
ohh and i just got a freaking flat!!!
and got to drive 8miles home. hope the air last.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
"RC plane" infers I only have one. :wink:

My webstore: www.nicohobbies.com/store

And that's just what I sell. I have a garage full of planes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
why dont all the crx heads come to the skunk2 meet on the 16th. its really cool and chill.
they also host this at a park.free food etc. just like nihkons meets. last time i went it was a cool turn out. not many crx owners went..that i remember just rywire lol. but still a good amount of cars (not all crazy that you cant find parking)

When:
Saturday, April 16, 2011
From whenever - whenever

Where:
Yorba Regional Park
7600 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92807
Shelter 3
Enter through the park's main entrance and head left toward Shelter 3

Parking:
Yorba Regional Park charges $5 for parking. Parking lot 9 is right next to Shelter 3 and has approximately 30 spaces. Parking lot 10 is also nearby and has an additional 70 spaces. Additional parking is available within walking distance.

Directions:
• From the 91 freeway, take the Imperial Hwy. exit in Anaheim Hills
• Head north on Imperial Hwy. for 1/2 mile
• Turn right onto La Palma Ave, head east for 1-1/2 miles
• Yorba Regional Park main entrance on right side
• Shelter 3 and parking lots 9 and 10 located east of main entrance
 
21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top