Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
Any idea what this other bigger black box I took a picture of is?
I looked but I’m not sure off the top of my head. It’s a relay. Possibly for the coolant or condenser fan. If you can tell me the colors of the wires including the stripes I can look for the schematic and post it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok I have a blue wire and a black with white stripe that are actually labeled to rad fan. And a black that says to ground. 2 yellow with green stripe, one with single silver bands and the other with double silver bands and then a black with either faded yellow or dirty white. It looks like it attaches to the body beside the common ground block on the passenger side in that picture you sent me. Going to take a shot in the dark and says it's the rad fan relay. Other then this relay and the grounds on either both sides are there any other pieces I may be missing other than the plugs?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I picked up these high beam and low beam sockets and the bulbs that match that fit in my headlights. I can wire these no problem.. Rad fan and washer fluid pump I can make my own plugs for no problem. as for the turn signals and position lights... I dont have the sockets to hook then up and have looked around online with no luck...

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
What do you have left for wiring in the engine bay? Excluding the engine harness. I’m pretty sure the radiator fan, a/c condenser fan, headlights, turn signals, washer pump and a/c low pressure switch are what you should have.
Tomorrow I can take a few photos of my engine bay harness to show you roughly what you need.

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
I picked up these high beam and low beam sockets and the bulbs that match that fit in my headlights. I can wire these no problem.. Rad fan and washer fluid pump I can make my own plugs for no problem. as for the turn signals and position lights... I dont have the sockets to hook then up and have looked around online with no luck...
If you can find a 1991 (OBD0) and under Honda or Acura you can find all the plugs you need.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What do you have left for wiring in the engine bay? Excluding the engine harness. I’m pretty sure the radiator fan, a/c condenser fan, headlights, turn signals, washer pump and a/c low pressure switch are what you should have.
Tomorrow I can take a few photos of my engine bay harness to show you roughly what you need.
Actually that would be awesome. Everything but the A/C. Don't have any of the ac parts and I'm fine with that. Engine bay is basically stripped, was like that when I bought the shell. I'm putting a b16 type r in. Been busy fixing the floors and sourcing parts for the sunroof, oem engine bay parts etc. Been quietly looking at the wiring from a distance as I go and realized the previous owner cut out the engine bay wiring for whatever reason.. I kind of stumbled across this guy on kijiji selling the full harness for $200 and thought hell ya if that will work. But if I can make it work with the bits I have I'll take a shot at it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If you can find a 1991 (OBD0) and under Honda or Acura you can find all the plugs you need.
Old integras and civics are getting super rare in canada. I remember a time not that long ago I could walk into a scrap yard and you couldn't spit without hitting an ek. Nowadays I'm lucky if they have 3... and those 3 are usually sedans... let alone something like an ef or da.

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
Old integras and civics are getting super rare in canada. I remember a time not that long ago I could walk into a scrap yard and you couldn't spit without hitting an ek. Nowadays I'm lucky if they have 3... and those 3 are usually sedans... let alone something like an ef or da.
I know the feeling. It’s becoming hard in my area to find them too. Il take some photos from my crx tomorrow. It’s a stock HF LHD model. It shouldn’t be to different. The photos I sent you were from a European Civic/CRX service manual and so far it’s been the same as my USDM car minus the options. I was able to find it online for free in a PDF.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Ya that would be awesome man. I've been dying for a car show in hopes of finding a crx I could take a pile of pictures exactly like that and to pick some brains, but with covid there haven't been many local import meetings up here. I've spent alot of time with ek civics but this is my first crx. I've always liked them but assumed I would never own one with how rare they are now. Then it just sort of fell in my lap. Wasn't till I brought it home I discovered how different it was from an ek. For one I had no idea it was a mechanical speed sensor, which of course didn't come with the car. I'm excited to drive this thing though

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thats awesome man. Get it out of the weeds! Here's mine. Excuse the dust. I had an unpleasant bondo surprise waiting for me under the carpet...
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Lots of work into the floor.. had to rebuild the rotten seat mounts on the drivers side and patch a few holes in the sheet metal
Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Road surface Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive tire Saw

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Hood Automotive exterior

21 - 40 of 56 Posts