Honda CRX Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Oh right on. I won't be able to get a good look at them till I'm home from work tonight, but quick glance that's awesome. Thanks alot man

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
Oh right on. I won't be able to get a good look at them till I'm home from work tonight, but quick glance that's awesome. Thanks alot man
Your welcome. Glad I can help. There are a few wires in the picture that don’t belong. The PO had an alarm and fogs lights wired up that I plan to remove but haven’t got to yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Ah right I read something about having to remove that to go from dpfi to mpfi. My ek had a similar heatsink I recall being attached to the headlight harness I thought 🤔. Either way I was worried that was another thing to track down

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
Ah right I read something about having to remove that to go from dpfi to mpfi. My ek had a similar heatsink I recall being attached to the headlight harness I thought 🤔. Either way I was worried that was another thing to track down
Depending on what ecu and injector setup youre using you won’t need it. If you plan to stay
OBD0 then you will. It all about the impedance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
That's a part I don't understand completely, more or less winging it based on what I've read. My jdm b16b is obd2 but the factory obd2 ecu apparently won't work with this car, at least not easily.. so I got the rywire obd2 bseries harness (has obd1 ecu plugs) with the crx chasis adapter. Then I found a guy that chipped an obd1 ecu and set it up with a basemap for my b16b. Fingers crossed I haven't missed anything lol somewhat expensive but I'm hoping for plug and play

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
That's a part I don't understand completely, more or less winging it based on what I've read. My jdm b16b is obd2 but the factory obd2 ecu apparently won't work with this car, at least not easily.. so I got the rywire obd2 bseries harness (has obd1 ecu plugs) with the crx chasis adapter. Then I found a guy that chipped an obd1 ecu and set it up with a basemap for my b16b. Fingers crossed I haven't missed anything lol somewhat expensive but I'm hoping for plug and play
If your using the OBD0 CRX chassis and engine harness then you’ll need an OBDO to OBD1 jumper for the ecu, injectors, and distributor. The engines OBD status isn’t as important as the electrical parts that go on it. So the ecu needs matching distributor and injectors to work. The chipped OBD1 ecu, with an OBD1 B16A distributor and injectors will work with the jumpers for each to the CRX harness.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
If your using the OBD0 CRX chassis and engine harness then you’ll need an OBDO to OBD1 jumper for the ecu, injectors, and distributor. The engines OBD status isn’t as important as the electrical parts that go on it. So the ecu needs matching distributor and injectors to work. The chipped OBD1 ecu, with an OBD1 B16A distributor and injectors will work with the jumpers for each to the CRX harness.
I'm under the impression rywire makes all their bseries harness work with obd1 ecu, that's why they all come with obd1 ecu plugs. Obd2 version just has all the obd2 plugs for distributor, alt and injectors so no need for jumpers I thought 🤔

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
I'm under the impression rywire makes all their bseries harness work with obd1 ecu, that's why they all come with obd1 ecu plugs. Obd2 version just has all the obd2 plugs for distributor, alt and injectors so no need for jumpers I thought 🤔
I’m sure your right in that regard. So your existing engine electrical parts will work. I used to cut the plugs off and solder the ones on I needed so I’m sure my information is outdated.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts