Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found you guys!!! Been noticing that the resource has been dieing down a good bit these past few months and it seems like the old schoolers made a switch over here. Nice to see everyone again. So, back to my original question, did Mark make the switch over to the community? Anyone know?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah! Thank you! And Thank the lord. I miss reading his posts and answers to everyone else's problems/questions regarding the law. Wonderful. Now that I found the community I will be around more often!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey it's all good as long as its about crxs u know? The crx resource has been around a long time, a couple years. It just seems like it has been slowing down on the number of posts anymore. I'm glad I found this though.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
stickershop said:
Welcome aboard! There's still tons of room ;)
Actually, pretty soon I'll be going broke. We're using quite a bit of bandwidth with the activity we have here every month. Anybody with any web hosting needs, please contact me. I must supplement the bandwidth with some income!

And welcome! Glad you found us finally. How did you find it, BTW?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
black_krix_si said:
welcome to the community. You are in w.va right? I think we talked about trying to convoy but it didnt work out :lol:
Yeah man thats me; still in the same place with the same car trying to get things right lol. You know how that is. This is awesome seeing everyone is still around. I'd check the resource often and see less and less old faces and some unfamiliar ones and was getting woried. I am SOOOO glad I found this place with all you guys on here!

·
Registered
731 Posts
crxfisher said:
Actually, pretty soon I'll be going broke. We're using quite a bit of bandwidth with the activity we have here every month. Anybody with any web hosting needs, please contact me. I must supplement the bandwidth with some income!
Tell us what you need to keep us afloat. I'm sure there are at least a few guys here able and willing to help including myself. lil here lil there and it shouldn't be a problem at all. Let us know Tom.

-Heu

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Hey! Enable mod_gzip on the server! Also select "Enable GZip Compression" in Admin Panel->General Admin->Configuration.

http://www.crxcommunity.com is not gzipped

Page Size: 42 K
Size if Gzipped: 6 K
Potential Savings: 85.71%
Create a robots.txt file in the root folder of your HTML folder and put this in it:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /
This will block all indexing by all search engines. You should check the logs to see if bots are eating bandwidth. Some do not respect robots.txt and must be blocked by IP.

Lastly, photos eat lots of bandwidth. No need to host them on your site when photobucket is available. Even avatars add up. How big is the flash banner at the top?

Just some ideas.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fisher, I found this place from the ICON Auto parts online store. I believe that used to be RPI racing. I found a post by cos and followed his link, searched around on their website and found the link to the community. I'm so glad I found it! Oh btw, I remember a while ago when you first layed down the floor tiles for your shop; it looked real good! Is everything still holding out alright on the floor?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
dohcya said:
Fisher, I found this place from the ICON Auto parts online store. I believe that used to be RPI racing. I found a post by cos and followed his link, searched around on their website and found the link to the community. I'm so glad I found it! Oh btw, I remember a while ago when you first layed down the floor tiles for your shop; it looked real good! Is everything still holding out alright on the floor?
I was just down at ICON a couple weeks ago getting my suspension totally redone. Here's a link: http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=1603

Yeah, that garage floor was awesome. But I recently moved into a new house. I tried it again in the new garage, but it didn't work out as well. The floor wasn't perfectly smooth like the last one was. Some tiles are coming up. And then our water heater took a leak over half the garage, so I had to rip up a lot of tiles. I'll probably be pulling the rest up and then redo it in something that suits this floor better.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Oh and guys, it was more of a joke than anything. We're using a lot of bandwidth, but we're not in any position to put the forum in jeapardy. It's just taking up more and more space that I could be selling to my customers. Soooo, the more customers I have sign up, the easier it is for me to justify using up the space. Don't worry about donations and stuff. But if anybody needs hosting, you may as well support the community and let me host it for you. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Yeah, check out the business ad section at the bottom of the forums. I posted an ad in there for my biz. Tons of features. And don't mind the current bandwidth and disk space limits. Most of the sites I work with aren't a problem. But if you need more than that, talk to me and I can make yours fit.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Linky no worky....

it sends you to "http://crxcommunity.com/www.superiorwebtechnologies.com" probably should just be "www.superiorwebtechnologies.com"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.