Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my mini-me swap, i'm using ARP head studs. i noticed with the head studs that there are 2 different lenghs of threads. on one side it is shorter than the other. which side goes in the engine and which side is for the head?

another thing, what are the torque specs for them? i would assume they would be a little bit more than normal bolts, but i just dont want to screw anything up. thanks you guys for all your help.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Tiersin said:
With my mini-me swap, i'm using ARP head studs. i noticed with the head studs that there are 2 different lenghs of threads. on one side it is shorter than the other. which side goes in the engine and which side is for the head?

another thing, what are the torque specs for them? i would assume they would be a little bit more than normal bolts, but i just dont want to screw anything up. thanks you guys for all your help.
If they are like mine, they can only go one way. different threads. Use the bolts that come with it to see. As to the Torque specs VERY IMPORTANT if you use the lube that comes with them you torque to what ARP says not the manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
crazi-85crx said:
The end of the stud that has a little bubble where the threads start is the end that goes into the block. Then use the double-nut method and torque them down to 10 ft/lbs into the block. As for the final torque of the nuts... whatever the others said.

Here's a good link for ARP head stud installation. He doesn't give the torque because it's dependent on the engine.
http://www.muller.net/sonny/crx/headstuds/index.html
http://www.muller.net/sonny/crx/headassembly/index.html
On mine the side that was out of the block had a place to use an allen wrench
on it, but I think I just tightened it hand tight. I think thats what was called for on the instructions. Then I torques the nuts down to what it said. I used their molly lube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.