Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bleeping car won't start. Finally get off work at 11pm, was going to pick up a sweet, sweet video card, but the stupid car won't start.

She crank and cranks, but no fire. I smacked the main relay a couple times, no good. Too cold out to pull lines to see if I'm getting fuel, and I don't have anyone else to help me test for spark.

ARRRRG! :evil: :(

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
baker_jeff said:
Came back in this morning and it didnt start.

Went out at supper and it did.

I'm a lazy terd, and had to add 2 litres of oil to it, LOL! What a trooper engine it is. :oops:
Dont add too much!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Synoptic said:
Oil Level will not make an engine not start.
Yes not directly, however, it will if you run low oil for some time, lack of lubrication causes wear of the rings / piston / cylinder walls / etc and you have the result of too low of compression. maybe that just happens more often on small engines ?? that's what I have more experience working on.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The main relay is unreliable because the solder joints on its circuit board are not good and can crack. Either heat or cold can cause them to act up. I took mine apart years ago and resoldered the joints, have never had a problem with it. My guess is that newer ones do not have this problem, Honda usually catches stuff like this and fixes it.

When I had to replace a headlight assembly I was amazed at the complicated venting system that was added between the original '88 version and the Honda replacement part I got in 1999. I'm guessing the new ones won't have condensation problems.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, it was starting and running great until this morning when I crashed it into the back of a big Crown vic.

Very nice old man driving it, hopefully doesnt cost me too much. My hood and rad support very bent, headlight smashed, rad smashed.

His bumper scratched, LOL.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
baker_jeff said:
Well, it was starting and running great until this morning when I crashed it into the back of a big Crown vic.

Very nice old man driving it, hopefully doesnt cost me too much. My hood and rad support very bent, headlight smashed, rad smashed.

His bumper scratched, LOL.
oh nooooooo! what happened, did they stop suddenly?

also, WHAT was the problem with the starting before the accident...?

sorry to hear of the crash man... :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.