Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting this out there to gauge interest in a smallish Atlanta area meet, possibly over Labor Day weekend. It would be a nice close-out to the summer. The first date I have in mind is September 2nd. I realize that's somewhat short notice at less than 2 weeks away, but I'm flexible and there's not much to plan anyway.

We could meet up at Stone Mountain as we did over the 4th of July weekend, or I'm open to suggestions. I'm still new to Atlanta so I don't have a comprehensive knowledge of the region.

I'm thinking we would just meet up, BS for a little while, go for a drive and grab some lunch. Sounds like fun. :p

Edit: Looks like September 16th is the date, and we'll meet at Stone Mountain Park, around 11 am. Mostly likely we'll just discuss the greatness of Honda's vision, and then convoy over to Applebee's for lunch. After that we'll see what happens. Including myself I'm expecting 3 or 4 people so far, hopefully we can get one or two more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll probabaly be out of the country. I can do the weekend after though (8-10). There's a bash going on at the Lakewood antique show in one of the buildings and that's just below the center of town.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, how about September 16th, does that sound good for you guys?

I'm looking for a location that offers shaded parking, maybe somewhat secluded and with a restaurant nearby. Stone Mountain Park has a good spot, and there's an Applebee's right off the highway there.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't been able to mention it to him yet. I know he hasn't done much with his car, so I suspect he'd just as soon leave it home. Rust in the quarters and all. But I'll ask him soon and see what he says. I've seen other Rexs around Columbus, but have yet to find one parked so I could put one of the Community cards on the window. Hope to build up the group down here soon.
Bruce

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in. I just spoke to Brit and he may drive his own Rex up for this one. His is somewhat rough on the outside, but it moves real well. What do you think we're gonna have for this one? I know Mike and John (I think those are correct names) aren't going to make it, but you had some new responses.
Bruce

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike and John? I think you mean Mark and Tom. :p

I'll be there, if you and your son make it, that makes 3. Don't worry too much about outward appearance though, a CRX doesn't have to be perfect to be special.

I just sent messages to everyone that replied to this thread, so if ef8crazy, tonyguns and lysinger all make it, that will be 6 CRX's. I sent a message to Tom (crxfisher) too, if he decides to make the short drive over that would make 7.

We'll be meeting up in the Auto Pavilion parking lot at Stone Mountain Park at 11am, a one-day pass there costs $8. I guess we'll just discuss rexes for a bit and drive over to Applebee's right up the road for some lunch. If anybody has any questions or needs more info, just ask.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This was a fun afternoon, I enjoyed meeting the folks who could not make the last gathering. I also appreciated the sources some of you who have been in this much longer than I provided. Thanks again,

Bruce

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.