Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what exactly is involved in switching a rex from a auto to stick?Are there any threads Allready on here regarding this?Also as far as petals and shifter and all that does it have to be out of a rex or hatch?Kickin around the thought of a 5spd conversion!Any help would be appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im looking at a 88-89 rex this thing is beat I mean Beat stripped to the bare bones but it does have a 5spd shifter Hopefully the pcm aswell!Whatelse do I need though I know i need a cluster hows that one go down?Did you leave your auto in?Also not to jump off the original topic but where can I get the repair panel for rear wheel well?I love my car I wanna do it right!Can I get a thread for the engine swap aswell?b16?I hear the zc swap is the easiest what did that come in civic coupe and sedan what years?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,562 Posts
You read like you're high on sugar or something, but I'll give this a shot. :lol:

DaInfamousCrx said:
Im looking at a 88-89 rex this thing is beat I mean Beat stripped to the bare bones but it does have a 5spd shifter Hopefully the pcm aswell!Whatelse do I need though I know i need a cluster hows that one go down?Did you leave your auto in?
You don't need a new cluster, you can leave the auto cluster in and it'll be fine. The easiest solution is to get a non-auto cluster from a dx or Si of the same year and plug it in. You'll know it's the right year if the shape matches. 88-89 are more square than the rounded 90-91.

To replace the cluster, there are four screws that hold the cover on. Two in front on the bottom, and two in back on the top. The two in back are covered by little panels that need to be popped off with a flathead screwdriver. Then you'll need a stubby phillips to pull them out. Once the cover's off, there are four screws that hold the cluster in, they're obvious. Unplug the wires and the speedo cable from the back, and it's out. Installation is the reverse.

DaInfamousCrx said:
Also not to jump off the original topic but where can I get the repair panel for rear wheel well?I love my car I wanna do it right!
You may be able to still get the driver's side full quarter panel from Honda. I'm not sure if they're still available or not, the passenger side definitely isn't. It will be pricey as well. Your other options are as follows:

  • 1. Use aftermarket Civic quarter panel replacements
    2. Cut good panels from a rust-free junked/parts CRX
    3. Cut out your damaged sections and freeform your own new metal

DaInfamousCrx said:
Can I get a thread for the engine swap aswell?b16?I hear the zc swap is the easiest what did that come in civic coupe and sedan what years?
The engine swap article is right here. The ZC is a Japanese engine with several variants, it came in JDM Civics and CRXs. They are among the easiest swaps for a 2nd gen CRX.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top