Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the auto to manual swap.. got a manual ecu.. but realized it was for an HF and now im stuck without a DPFI manual ecu.. I stuck the Auto one back in and get code 19: Lock-Up control solenoid valve.. Any way to trick the signal? I can get another manual ECU but kinda don't want to wait, and want to see if it can or has been done.. Also.. would this affect anything else?-seems to drive ok but there are other variables that won't allow me to compare the before and afters..

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
This would be a good opportunity to go MPFI. Either way, that HF ECU isn't going to run your engine right, you need the DX manual one. The ECU is looking for four much smaller injectors, the car has two larger ones, set up completely differently. The distributor is different too, you either need to convert to MPFI (and get the Si Ecu) or get the DX manual ECU.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For my purposes (gas mileage) I am sticking with the DPFI setup... I'm looking for someone with experience in faking signals here.. or if someone can tell me its not possible who has tried doing this with an auto ecu.. I know the HF won't work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
if you just want to patch it together until you get a new ecu. why not unbolt the solonoid off of the auto trans and hook it up to the wires. zip tye it out of the way. i would assume that would throw out the code

scarponze

·
Registered
779 Posts
An automatic ECU will run a ran just fine. a Manual one should be placed in tho.

Your problem is your car think it's in D3 now, right? Did you jump the harness to make the car think it's in park?

·
Registered
551 Posts
uhh i think this might help if you are converting from auto to manual

there is a plug underneith the center console it is whie it is like a 2 wire plug

all you need to do is trip it as in finish the circuit. connect the two wires with a jumper and there you go it trips the ecu saying your ecu that it is in park or neutral.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Tom(downest) is correct here.
I'm sure you understand how a MPFI ecu won't run a DPFI car correctly right?

Also I mean PM5's are soo plentiful I'm sure someone here would be willing to send you one for the cost of shipping.

You can run the car off of the old ecu and have the cel on,but big deal.... it will run and its made for DPFI.

Unless I'm incorrect here the auto ECU won't keep you from running just throw a cel due to the missing inputs that its looking for from the solenoids.

·
Registered
139 Posts
theCRXproject said:
For my purposes (gas mileage) I am sticking with the DPFI setup... I'm looking for someone with experience in faking signals here.. or if someone can tell me its not possible who has tried doing this with an auto ecu.. I know the HF won't work.
Due to the MPFI's running efficiency, Every DX 5 speed to MPFI swap that I have wired up has gained 4-6 mpg just by swapping (PM6 manifold and throttle body, ecu, injectors, distributor) so why not have roughly 105hp and then the ability with a 90-91 PM6 to chip the ecu and adjust the gas mileage even more if you like from there.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Go to radioshack and buy 3 (two packages) of the big ceramic 10 watt, 10 ohm resistors. Solder them in series (resulting in 30 ohms of resistance) and connect the assembly up to your lockup solenoid output. No more CEL.
I'll second the MPFI conversion. I'm pretty sure that the milage difference between the Si, DX and HF comes mostly from transmission gearing. If it doesn't hurt milage, why turn down a little extra pep? I've got a D16Z6 in my '91 DX auto and hit 42 mpg on highway trips... Same as the original dual-point D15B2. If you want max MPG, use an HF transmission. Hell, look into swapping a lean-burn D15Z1 along with that HF tranny... Might be able to hit 60 MPG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.