Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about giving this a try once spring rolls along. How much do you think it would cost and what do you recommend I do to have my crx ready to autocross come spring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm seriously looking at another 2nd gen CRX to prep for Solo2. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to get it to where I want it for next season, but I'll keep the forum posted. That is, IF I get another CRX. :roll:

One of the deals I'm looking at was from another fellow autocrosser. He said, "I'll sell you my shocks for $1000 and I'll give you a car to go with it."

We'll see...

-RJ-

·
Registered
61 Posts
savestheday, I forgot that RJ (Rodarbal) was on this site. I am sure that if you have any questions, that he could answer them. I know he has some experience in the field...

Dan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Solo2 is what I'm going to end up doing. I couldn't seem to find anything on engine swaps though. I want to stay in stock class but I was thinking of swapping my engine with a SOHC ZC. What are the requirements as far as that goes?

·
Registered
23 Posts
As you do some reading you'll find many classes. From mild to wild, in a nutshell you'll see classes named stock, street touring, street prepared, prepared and modified. A stock class is really just that. No modifications allowed, other than shocks. A ZC swap will automatically put you into a modified class. However, a D16A6 swap into an HF is still legitimate in street prepared (C-Street Prepared or CSP for 2nd gen CRX's). There are many details, but here's a great website to help fill you in on classification: http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/. Hope this helps! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

-RJ-

·
Registered
214 Posts
Solo2 is a ton of fun and accessible for beginers. I plan to get my 16 year old son started in Solo2 this spring.

Beware! Solo2 is not harmless! It will lead to "harder" stuff like track days at your local race course.

scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts