Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this stuff the other day. It has a 3 step process of course and its supposed to come out like a professional paint job. Its not rattle-can, its premixed primer, base, and clear you load in your gun and paint away.

Anybody have any input or experience with this stuff?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it comes in like a quart can and it might be labeled as 'Body Shop' or something ... its $20 a quart and it has the hood of an old mustang on it with some racing stripes ... only comes in 4 or 5 colors ... i'm just interested in the white ...

looks like it would be a better choice than going to town with a rattle can :?

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I've seen it... its made by duplicolor. Its basically the same paint as in the rattle cans, but you mix it for a regular spray gun.

I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you want cheap and you plan on doing the work yourself and spraying it yourself you might wanna look into just getting a gallon of single stage. you can get a gallon "kit" which comes with a gallon of you color choice, and the hardeners/reducers to mix it. you can usually get this for no more than $100 and you can paint two and a half Crx's with a gallon of single stage. plus it will look good and last a long time if you keep it waxed and don't let it oxidize. plus you can usually get OEM colors mixed as long as they are solid colors, not metallics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Let me put it this way..... you get what you pay for! I have found that your best bargian is to purchase your paint at an industrial coatings outlet. dupont sell IMRON as an industrial coating...same stuff as automotive but a bunch cheaper. A good shop can mix any factory paint color or you can get a formula from an auto body supply.... cheap paint is what it is CHEAP PAINT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.