Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anytime i'm driving at a moderate speed or fast (eg. 60kmph in 4th gear), and i apply the brake, i get a noise comming from around the tranny area thats kinda like a clunking sound... The harder i brake, the louder the clunk. I assumed it was my axles, so first i changed the pass. side axle. The noise was gone, for about 20 mins... and then i heard it again... I ended up changing the drivers side axle also (these are rebuilt btw). It was fixed again! (for about 5 mins this time)... and now the sound is back AGAIN...

any suggestions as to what it could be. I'm ready to change whats required to fix it, i just need to know what the hell the problem is... could it be my transmission?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Krix said:
have you checked your brakes? it happens while you brake, so maybe somthing there is not right.
Yes, sorry i failed to mention i have checked my brakes... Not for anything specific i guess (they're good working brakes), but i'm almost 100% sure they're not the issue. You can tell where the sound is comming from (center firewallish)... i have no clue, i'm stumped...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.