Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with super light flywheels on a B16A? I figure I might as well upgrade before my engine goes in, and I'm replacing the clutch anyway. I'm looking at buying the ACT Streetlite, it's 12.5 pounds. Almost everything else is seriously light, Exedy is 9.5 lbs. Spoon is 9.2 lbs. ACT Prolite is 8.8 lbs. Fidanza is 8 lbs.

On a related note, anybody know the weight of a stock b16 flywheel?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Well, Its hard to compare, but its much better then the 7lb flywheel I had on my d series motor. That was very touchy. When I switched my D to a 12 lb, it go tmuch smoother. That was with an Xtreme pressure plate and an unsprung 4 puck disc.

The Fidanza on the B feels alot like the 12lb on my d, very smoooth, nice and responsive. I have other clutch pedal force issues, but if I didnt have those Id be completely happy with my clutch and flywheel setup.
ACT Xtreme Pressure plate and SS disc (switching to sprung 4 puck when I change it out).

Its hard to describe I guess if downest sees that hell probably have some sort of comment, hes driven my car enough to have an opinion.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
HA! I see my name just as I'm about to reply...

I have a 12lb streetlite on my D16, and I think it's just about ideal. I've driven Sinful, and I didn't realise the flywheel was so light actually, it feels a lot like mine (but requires a metric ton of force to depress the damn clutch pedal). I find the stock flywheels on both series of engine hang too much between shifts, but I've driven cars with flywheels that are too light as well. For the B16 I would go with the 12 pound, I think your motor is more comparable to mine than Matt's with the stock B16 (flywheel feel is going to be more dependent on torque, 1.6 is 1.6.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, I changed my mind again.

After talking with Composimo about current and future plans (turbo), he recommended an Action clutch, and when I called to order, they offered me a deal on a 12 lb flywheel, and I took it.

So today I ordered that along with a Stage 2 dual-diaphragm heavy duty pressure plate and sprung kevlar 8-puck clutch disc. It's supposed to be good for 375hp, and roughly double pedal effort from stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.