Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just bought my first honda a crx of course or else i probably wouldnt have found this site. im just wondering what the extensiveness of swaping a b16a motor into a crx is, and i found a site with this motor which sounds like a good deal

30002 - B16A 88-91 (SiR I) Complete Change over JDM Acura / Honda Engine
160Hp 111Trq 10.2 Compression (JDM) $ 1999.00

i was just wondering if anyone here has done this swap before and any pointers on swaping the motor the only swaps the mechanic ive ben working with on is has ever done are on domestics but he is knowledable i just want to know what the mounts will cost and if theyll have to be welded somewhere else any pointers on wiring and what not any help from anyone knowing about this would be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Plenty of people have done this swap, I'm about to tackle it too. There's a write-up on this site in the How-To section. Here's the link.

I would just have to say that your price is way too high. It's $500 cheaper here. If you buy the mounts from them too, it'll run you $300, no welding required. You also need to buy new shift linkages ($100) or, if you can weld, shorten some Integra linkages. The axles that come with the engines are usually junk, so just use them for cores and get some Autozone lifetime warranty 90-91 Integra axles (non-ABS, about $120 for both) and you'll be good to go.

For the wiring, I hope you have an HF or Si, so you can buy a sub-harness for about $60. If you've got a Dx, the conversion is a bit more intense.

While you've got the engine out of the car, I highly recommend going over it and replacing as many maintenance items as you can, especially the timing belt and water pump. When you go to stores or Honda for replacement parts, tell them you have a 94 or 95 Del Sol VTEC. Any more questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
^^^^ he about summed it all up. . . i have really nothing to add except welcome to the site. . . . and yeah most of us here have swapped a B in at one point in our lives. . . . Its a super common swap . .. . . .follow the instructions in the link that was posted for you . . . .and it really is not that more involved than changine the engine and tranny with the same one that is in there. . .. . . this is the engine that SHOULD have came in our rex's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.