Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has an AEM CAI on his 2000 Civic Si. He's trading up for the new 2006 Si (hot hot car) and said I can have the intake off his car if I want it, but he wasn't sure if it would fit. Does anyone know if it will? I don't have a battery under the hood, so it won't get in the way.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm quite sure you could make it work... if anything just ghetto fab some custom silicone attachements so it fits. You'll love the sound of a CAI on a B16! :twisted:

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a B16, I have the stock A6. I currently have a generic intake that is way too loud, I'm hoping the AEM will be quieter with it's smaller diameter and location inside the bumper. I'll get a sound clip of my car, it's ridiculously loud. Everyone at the autocross thinks it's hilarious when I bounce on the rev limiter and it's twice as loud as the Camaro with open pipes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
it should bolt on, its bastically the same shape as the a6 intake pipe, so i don't see why it won't work

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just wondering about the length, and I think it's a one piece pipe so I couldn't play with the elbows or anything.

·
Registered
778 Posts
downest said:
I'm just wondering about the length, and I think it's a one piece pipe so I couldn't play with the elbows or anything.
if it doesn't quite fit, you can always cut the pipe and put in rubber links and clamp them on. that way it will alow the intake pipe to be more bendable. may take a little fabrication but it should work. if he is going to throw it away and you don't want it, i'll pay to have it shipped to me, i'd cut it up and use it!

good luck man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts