Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this B16 rex for the last couple months. The thing runs rich as hell (won't hold an idle, gets about 16 mpg), and I can't see to figure out why. The injectors are all working, I've checked the EACV, fuel pressure is good, etc. I decided to slap on the stock B16 manifold to get rid of the ITR one I had on there. Now, the fuel rail doesnt fit.

I was pretty sure the fuel rail was the stock B16 one, but it is nowhere near flush with the manifold. So one of two things: first, can anyone tell me the dimensions of the stock B16 injector, if the have one around; and second, can somebody snap a shot of the stock B16 fuel rail where it bolts to the manifold?

Thanks,
-Joel

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You need the fuel rail spacers with the stock intake manifold... something along the lines of 3/8" thick or something.

I don't have the part number for it, but go to www.acuraautomotiveparts.com, then select a 1991 Acura Integra GS... doesn't matter about trim or manual/auto tranny or anthing... then go to the "Intake Manifold" page, and look at illlustration #008... "Fuel Pipe Insulator" Product Reference #9642

8)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, thanks for the good info.

Does anyone have the exact width? I'm going to have my friend machine me a couple if the dealership doesnt have them in stock.

Oh, and are the metal or are they just a big rubber washer?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
By the time your buddy getsdone machining them, you could have just ordered them from hondaautomotiveparts.com, and been done with it... for like under $5.

But hey, whatever :p

They are a hard plastic material.... not rubber. I've seen aluminum ones around as well, but most are plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.