Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 crx si with a B16a swap and im wondering how easy it is to convert it to an Lsvtec? what other parts than just a block am i looking at? what sort of price range would this be in?

·
Registered
912 Posts
pretty cheep. you already have the b16 head, and everything you would need besides the block. all you actualy need if the block i believe. ultimatly, you would just be adding .2 litres to your engine. i would say 200-400 range for the block. ask around the community, i'm sure someones got one lying around.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
maximo said:
I have an 89 crx si with a B16a swap and im wondering how easy it is to convert it to an Lsvtec? what other parts than just a block am i looking at? what sort of price range would this be in?
You would need the oil line adapter and dowel adapter as well I think.
Might as well get a b20 if you are not going to boost

Golden Eagle kit $200 on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS-VTEC- ... enameZWDVW

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If you are going to be building a new bottom end.. I have a b18a1 engine complete... .. I will sell for 100.00 needs the crank machined down... bet evething is all there from head to oil pan... . western pa. local pickup pm me if interested. ..

Also I have never seen those golden eagle kits. .. . .that sure is nice.. . . . .everything in a neat little package. . .. . .how cool is that. .

Chris

·
Registered
731 Posts
Don't forget, an LSV really aint an LSV unless you put the b16 pistons on the LS rods. You have everything you need cep the block. Realistic times for your car even if not stripped out is high 13's with good traction. My old old 89 si lsv hit those times. A gsr ecu will do you even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.