Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,568 Posts
bah, screw the b20, i vote against that. building a GSR motor is great. you start with a motor that is meant to rev high and make power, has things like oil squirters to help with longetevity.

to answer your question, motor wise here is my motor setup:
USDM B18C1 with Hydro Transmission
High 10:1 compression (have to exactly calc it, somewhere around 10.7)
Fresh Reassembled GSR Head
Modified OEM Head Gasket
Skunk2 Stage2 Camshafts
ITR Valvesprings, Lost Motion Aseemblies, and retainers
Skunk2 Cam Gears
Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacer
Skunk2 Intake Manifold (port matched by me)
BBK 68mm Matched Throttle Body
Custom 'AEM' Intake (made from 99 Si CAI)
Z10 Breather Box Plug and Custom Crankcase Evacuation Setup
CTR N1 Endurance Crank Pulley
All new OEM timing components
Modified ITR Oil Pump
Magnecore Wires
NGK Plugs
Trust 4-2-1 Header
Mr Gasket Copper Gasket
Random Tech Cat
Custom 2.5" exhaust with 28" resonator and magnaflow tip
Hasport EFB2 Mounts and Linkages
RyWire Conversion Harness and modified engine harness
Crome Powered P28 with RTP and Datalogging
Innovate LC1 W02
ACT XTSS Clutch
Fidanza Prolight Flywheel

I think thats it for the motor itself. I also have a bad starter haha.
I need to install my SMSP Race Header, 330cc injectors,(which are just waiting for me to install them) and start working on my ITBs :twisted:

I also NEED to get some sort of an LSD, either factory or quaife.

also, seti, whats this you say about short shifter eating synchros? Ive had a SS on every CRX Ive had since '00 and have never had this issue...I assumed mos tpeople eating synchros was from bad maintainence and bad driving

Oh and for reference, the motor put down 155whp bone stock with 100k on it in my GSR, and was up about 30whp with the mods listed above besides the higher compression and tuning. I hope that with more tuning, and my SMSP header i can break 200whp.

· Registered
6,568 Posts
oh good, the short shifter thing IS because of peple driving wrong, guess I don thave to worry about that.

sorry richrowa, but I dirve my car more then 5k a year and I need it to work every day, without fail. heck, i drove it more then 5k miles since june! my car has 280k miles on it and I will see it hit 500k.

Therefore, i picked a delicate balance of OEM and aftermarket perofrmance parts to build a fuel efficient (capabale of over 40mpg) fast (capabale of 200whp I hope) reliable car. a CRVTEC motor would fall outside my accetable level of reliablity

my crx is my fun car that i use every day. my more fun car is also a crx though :)

[email protected]

· Registered
6,568 Posts
I dont know what the heck Id call the motor john just described, but the #1 thing there that makes it better than any lsvtec or crvtec ive ever seen is.......'gsr block'

If/When I ever need to mess with my bottom end my SRP pistons are going in and Ill be swapping in the ls crank and eagle ls rods I have acquired. So I guess Ill have a similair motor to what john suggested, just with a GSR head instead of a B16 one and Forged bottom end components. yay me!

Anyway, you will be happy with any of these combinations, go for what you can afford. if stock JDM GSR is what you can budget for, im sure youll be more then ahppy with it.

[email protected]

· Registered
6,568 Posts
yeah, i started with a complete GSR motor out of my......integra GSR :) wasnt about to try and swap my mint GSR head for some unkown history b16 head for a slight performance increase. I know this history of my motor/integra since the day it was bought from the acura dealer in East Granby CT. I was owner #2, my cousin bought the car brand new in 10/93

[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.