Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
We'll need more info.

CTR cams, into what?
More hood clearance for what engine?

If you're talking about the B18C5 in both cases...
CTR cams are a little more agressive. But not alot. Look into buddyclub spec2 or 3 instead. You can have a set of those for around 800 dollars.

For the B18C5 you'll need a little more hood clearance.
Several ways for this. Cut away webbing under the hood. Buy an aftermarker SiR style hood that is taller in the middle. Or upgrade to the SiR front end altogether.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a jdm type r in my crx, 96 model, the ctr cam is the as the intake cam in the 2000 itr, if i were you i would put a set of skunk2 pro 1, yes you need to change the valve train but it is worth it. i had a set of skunk2 stage 1 in my crx and dyno 192 whp which isn;t bad for a stock motor with cams. the pro 1 are supposedly better than the buddy club.

·
Registered
779 Posts
crslowtec2 said:
i have a jdm type r in my crx, 96 model, the ctr cam is the as the intake cam in the 2000 itr, if i were you i would put a set of skunk2 pro 1, yes you need to change the valve train but it is worth it. i had a set of skunk2 stage 1 in my crx and dyno 192 whp which isn;t bad for a stock motor with cams. the pro 1 are supposedly better than the buddy club.
Stage 1 cams from skunk normally don't require you to change the valve train unless you want to rev the engine out.

Your CHEAPEST solution to more power is compression. Shave your head 0.010"-0.020" and it will raise the CR a bit and give you more pep. Replace the head gasket at the same time. Remember with higher CR you have the more the need for higher octane fuel.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
hondaholic said:
How much power do CTR cams add?

What else can I do to add a bit more power that doesn't cost a million dollars?

Do I need a special hood to clear the engine?

BTW I have a 91 Si.
I'm a little confused as to what you are asking.
The title of this post is "b18c5 mod" but then you start talking about CTR cams?
A b18C5 is a Integra Type R motor, then you talk about Civic Type R cams? To clarify , the Civic Type R motor is a b16b.

What motor do you have in your CRX or what do you plan on putting in there.
The Integra R motor(b18c5) will have clearance issues, the b16 generally speaking should be ok.
If you are worried about clearance issues with either motor, you can always get the VIS "SiR Style" CF hood to give you the needed clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.