Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 90' Crx a week ago. I have a complete B18b1 motor, trans, axels, linkage, etc from a 94 integra.

I am wondering if it would be worth using the b18 hydro trans in the car since I already have it, or getting a b series cable one instead? Also what axels and linkage should I use if going with the hydro trans, 90-93 integra?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
try to find a b16 cable tranny if you can. I just put my LS motor in this past weekend, b18a bottom end with that obd2 B18B head that you sold me and a b16 S1 cable tranny, bro it rips with that combo, makes all the difference in the world. only thing is it makes a terrible daily driver because it revs too high on the highway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
godruler said:
try to find a b16 cable tranny if you can. I just put my LS motor in this past weekend, b18a bottom end with that obd2 B18B head that you sold me and a b16 S1 cable tranny, bro it rips with that combo, makes all the difference in the world. only thing is it makes a terrible daily driver because it revs too high on the highway
Sounds like what I am going for. Glad to see the head worked out for you. I just need to sell this hydro trans and find a b16 one. I plan on turboing the b18 once its in my rex :wink:, it'll be a hell of a daily driver then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok found a entire engine mount kit and hydro trans conversion kit by Hasport for cheap. If I go with the hydro trans, would I still need the 90-91 axels or somehting else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
hey i was wondering if im planning on putting in a b18c then can i the company ( preferrably HMO) to send me the engine with the b16 cable tranny? and also...if im swappin to a b18c does it require i use different brakes and shocks? cus i wanna get better shocks cus the ride blows ass now and the brakes are garbage
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,562 Posts
Reckone said:
If I go with the hydro trans, would I still need the 90-91 axles
yes.

rfalls86 said:
hey i was wondering if im planning on putting in a b18c then can i the company ( preferrably HMO) to send me the engine with the b16 cable tranny?
I think you should call them and find out. I'm thinking they probably won't though. I ordered my swap from HMO (B16A 92-93 Integra XSi) which is only listed as a complete changeover on their site. When I called to order it I asked if they would sell me just the engine/tranny/ECU and he said he wouldn't do that. They do list B18C longblocks on their site though, with optional ECU. You could buy that and ask if they sell stand-alone B16 cable trannies.

rfalls86 said:
if im swappin to a b18c does it require i use different brakes and shocks?
The only CRX that requires different brakes/hubs is the HF, and seeing how you're in Canada you probably don't have one of those. Nothing is stopping you from upgrading at the same time though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
i always thought you had to use the axles that go with the intermediate shaft that your using?? in other words if your using a b16 cable tranny intermediate shaft you have to use Jdm b16 axles, or if your using a '90-91 integra Da intermediate shaft you have to stick with 90-91 axles, same as with if your using a hydro intermediate shaft i thought you had to use axles from a hydro tranny as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DaInfamousCrx said:
You live in albany?Did you buy the rex that was in the wantad?Im right in cohoes Bout 10 mins away!Not to many rex's represent around here!
Good luck maybe i'll see ya around!
I found this one in Vermont for $100. The kid was hard up for cash, no rust and still runs :D

Anyone know if the 94' LS axels will work? I have the complete drivetrain, just need to know what will work in the CRX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,844 Posts
DaInfamousCrx said:
You live in albany?Did you buy the rex that was in the wantad?Im right in cohoes Bout 10 mins away!Not to many rex's represent around here!
Good luck maybe i'll see ya around!
Jeez... a quarter of the board is from Albany, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rex2nr said:
DaInfamousCrx said:
You live in albany?Did you buy the rex that was in the wantad?Im right in cohoes Bout 10 mins away!Not to many rex's represent around here!
Good luck maybe i'll see ya around!
Jeez... a quarter of the board is from Albany, lol
lol, just realized that too.

Think I am will just toss it together and see what works.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top