Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have decided to start piecing together the b18a swap for my si

here are the ?s

1. What Motor Mounts Are Needed?
2. What Ecu is needed
3. is the b18a obd0 or obd1
4. what is the hp on the b18a
5. how much boost can i put on stock internals
6. is this swap worth it (don't tell me to do a vtec, i am going turbo)
7. what tranny is needed
8. what axels
9. will i have to change my kncukles

or just basically anything at all you know about this swap, if someone has a write up that would be perfect

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
unless your swapping into an hf your knuckles will be fine
you need b-series swap mounts, hasport etc...
you need a 90-93 integra axles and intermediate shaft.
any b series tranny will work. depends on if you go hyrdo or stay cable.
i believe the b18 is in the 130-145 ish hp area.
if you get it from a 94+teg you will need obd-1 if its 90-93 it will be obd-0 so you will need the corresponding ecu from that year model range.

·
Registered
38 Posts
shadowcrx said:
ok so i have decided to start piecing together the b18a swap for my si

here are the ?s

1. What Motor Mounts Are Needed?
2. What Ecu is needed
3. is the b18a obd0 or obd1
4. what is the hp on the b18a
5. how much boost can i put on stock internals
6. is this swap worth it (don't tell me to do a vtec, i am going turbo)
7. what tranny is needed
8. what axels
9. will i have to change my kncukles

or just basically anything at all you know about this swap, if someone has a write up that would be perfect
might i suggest put some b16 pistons in it.....my buddy has obd0 b18a w/ b16 pistons and gsr tranny and it is very nice....he is at 11.5 comp. ratio......the pistons are the only thing he changed

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
He wants to boost it, 11.5:1 is a tad on the high side for turbo.

Also to correct an earlier statement, you can run EITHER motor on EITHER OBD1 or OBD0. OBD0 will obviously be almost plug and play, no extra wiring. OBD1 will require a conversion harness for the ECU and for the dizzy (you have to make one for the dizzy either way though). Personally I would go OBD1, especially if you're going to turbo it. You will have more tuning options available.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Your car is an Si your pm6 ecu will work fine. . but obviously the pr4 teggy one will work better. . i did the swap in mine last summer. . . yeah everything stated above me is right. . . the b16 pistons are a great idea... If you are not going to boost it thery are a cheap way to make more power. . . plus you can freshen up the rings and bearings while you are in there. . . I used us spec 93 delsol b16 pistons..
if you are boosting it right away leave it alone. . . just rebuild it with regular parts.. . if you would like to boost it but have no idea if that i sgoing to happen at all... then get a set of these pistons we were figuring more along the lines of 12:1 compression with them.. 93 delsol SI us SPEC
they have some domes on em thats for sure. you can see them sticking up out of the block..... we have used them in 2 different motors with great relialibility and sucess and the much needed POWA boost . .

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nah i don't think i am going to put any different pistons in her, thanks for the idea tho

but it looks like i am going to stay with obd0 for a while just for it simplicity, when the turbo decides to strart spooling under my hood i will switch it to obd1

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
south_crx said:
you would need the ecu that came with the motor if its out of an integra you would need the integra ecu then im pretty sure thats how it works
there are other ecus that will run it though. . .. just not 100 percent the same fuel and ignition map. . . the pr4 is the one you will need. . for obd-0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.