Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to purchase a B18C and replace the intake manifold, exhaust manifold and distributor with the stuff from my B16a1, can anyone see a problem with this? The reason is right now I DON'T want to switch over to OBD1. I found a GSR long block for 1750.00 (less shipping) from www.nagasakijdmmotors.com. I know almost everything on the B series is interchangeable so this seems like a good idea. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
779 Posts
I can already see the first problem, the intake manifold cannot bolt onto the GSR. The GSR uses a different pattern then then other B series. GSR can only use GSR IM or an aftermarket IM. Exhaust and dizzy should work tho. You could swap the head over tho. The B16 head will work but then you lose the B18 cams. You should look into a Skunk 2 IM for the GSR.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Interceptor said:
This may be a dumb question but can I run the GSR intake manifold as is then?
Yes, but if I were you I'd remove the dual runners. The OBD0 won't have it wired into it so you might aswell open up the intake manifold and remove them. You will loose a little bit of MPG but that's no big deal, rather lose some MPG then power. And your intake will no longer work, the GSR IM curls downwards, so you need a GSR specific intake. EBAY has them cheap.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Interceptor said:
So if I go with the GSR, I need to swap out the intake manifold correct? With the other changes I should be able to bolt this up to my Y1 without any other changes from the B16 swap?
Basically. Actually now that I think of it I don't think the exhaust manifold from the B16 will work due to the fact that the B18 is a taller engine.

You can't use the B16 IM on the GSR. Use the GSR one and get a different intake tube for the downward curl. Everything else should be a bolt on. I'm not 100% on the IM if it will work without issues. I've always talked my customers (the swaps I've done professionally for people) into getting a Skunk 2 IM for the GSR. It's a very nice manifold and I love the look of it on a GSR, especially with a new header on there.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Teh header will work fine. the ehight difference is nominal adn the headers definteily interchange.

you neeed to chip that ecu for the C1

the tranny will bolt up fine.

i love my skunk2 intake manifold and I paid under 200 bcuks for it. Then you can use your B16 TB and the Throttle cable and bracket you are already using.

If it were me, is put hte B16 Head on the GSR block and sell teh GSR head and accutrements.

[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.