Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic CR-X b18c
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone! i’m in need of your knowledge!

i currently own a ‘91 CRX DX that has been engine swapped with a b18c engine. well it’s had an A/C delete and i’m taking this winter to put it back in so it’s ready for warmer weather. long story short; i got a condenser, compressor, and fan from a ‘95 teg for a pretty good deal through some mutuals. i know i need some hoses and from looking at diagrams from integra manuals it looks like i need quite a few more things but i can’t quite figure out what those are. so my question is, what other parts do i need? and if you have any general knowledge to pass on as i take on this project that would be lovely as well. i’ve attached images of everything that i have. if you would like more information or images to better understand my dilemma let me know!

p.s: i do have the entire under dash assembly, just not sure in what condition. it barely blows and it blows a lot of dust so i need to get i there and look at that bit too.
Font Engineering Auto part Schematic Parallel

Product Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Bicycle tire

Road surface Wood Flooring Bag Automotive tire
Automotive tire Musical instrument Road surface Automotive lighting Art
Product Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Bicycle tire
Road surface Wood Flooring Bag Automotive tire

Automotive tire Musical instrument Road surface Automotive lighting Art
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are two ways to approach this:
Use a B-series bracket and compressor (R134A) like you have, but then use CRX/EF condenser and lines. The only custom part is the lines from the compressor to the CRX parts. I'm not sure of how many people have done this and what is involved. I do know that local tractor/farm implement shops can make custom lines for the conversion.

The other and more common method is to use all of the original D-Series stuff and a custom A/C compressor mounting bracket from HASport. https://hasportperformance.com/product/efbac/
If you go this route you will you need everything from a CRX/EF Civic.

There is also a thread here that is very useful discussing the best approach to upgrading your system to R134A from the original R12. That thread is here and is a great read:

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic CR-X b18c
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two ways to approach this:
Use a B-series bracket and compressor (R134A) like you have, but then use CRX/EF condenser and lines. The only custom part is the lines from the compressor to the CRX parts. I'm not sure of how many people have done this and what is involved. I do know that local tractor/farm implement shops can make custom lines for the conversion.

The other and more common method is to use all of the original D-Series stuff and a custom A/C compressor mounting bracket from HASport. https://hasportperformance.com/product/efbac/
If you go this route you will you need everything from a CRX/EF Civic.
thank you! i’ll definitely read that thread and get to working on what i can possibly do. i saw a few “tucked a/c lines” online that were supposed to be flexible? idk if that’s for all the lines needed or if some HAVE to be hard lines. but i appreciate your reply! thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts