Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some rust and a dent.. and i also got the z1 fenders and a mix & match kit (Blitz front, Combat side skirts, BC rear) but i dont know if i should leave it the way it is for the winter or just fix the rust and dents and leave it primered.. im confused :? ... should i just put the fenders on?

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
If you are planning on leaving it primered for the winter, I wouldn't waste the time with any body work. Primer is a porous paint, which will not fully protect the metal which you have just repaired. Bondo, or any other filler, is the same. If you are going to fix it now, just paint it, even with a rattle can, but put a top coat on the primer. I've got a few spots on my car where a slight amount of rust is redeveloping under the primer... and my car has barely left the garage in the past 13 months. It hasn't seen water at all in that time. I can't imagine metal holding up very well with only primer being driven in the winter.

The only aftermarket fenders which will fit perfectly are those which are CAPA approved.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
If you plan on driving this car in the winter, why would you put a body kit on? Scrap the kit and fix the rust now if you can.

My advice, if you can afford to, put the car up for the winter and purchase a cheap beater. This way it keeps the car off the road and away from the salt and gives you time to save some $ to get it fixed right.

I don't really see the point in fixing it if you are going to drive it in the winter anyway :?:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.