Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just heard about this website from lumpy53 tonight and I decided to register. I used to be on crxresource.org, but my account has been deleted because I have been overseas in Iraq since September 2004. I look forward to talking with everyone and I am finally glad to back in the USA.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Welcome to the site, and welcome back to the US. I have ultimate respect for everyone serving over there. Glad to have you here, and I hope you like the site.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember seeing your screen name. Thanks for the nice welcome. I was told that this site is better than the old crx resource. Thank you for the comment about us troops serving out there. It wasn't a vacation, that's for sure!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hands down i respect you..... but other than that welcome to the site

you got pics of yhour rex or vehicle?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Hey Jason, welcome back!

One of my good friends and customers served in Iraq not too long ago... they are actually talking about sending him back to :( I definitely respect you guys for doing what you are doing over there. That takes the biggest brass cojones, and the biggest heart to go into combat... You've got my total and complete respect and admiration Sir!

If there is anything i/we can do for you, please let us know!

Welcome to the board! And yes, it is better than the -new- Resource... but this does closely resemble the -old- Resource when it was a 'great' site 8)

·
Registered
416 Posts
jaowli said:
It wasn't a vacation, that's for sure!
Welcome!!!! Welcome to the community and welcome home first and foremost.

110+ degree weather, thousands of miles of beach but no ocean, and not knowing who is a friend or who is a foe, I would absolutely agree with that statement.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everyone replying. I am thrilled to be back in the US. To answer "MarkWilliamson", I was assigned to the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force and the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force...attached to the 155th BCT.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Welcome back jason.
Coming from this ol Army puke I can agree with you that was definitely no vacation!
Glad to see you made it back in one piece man.
Also yeah agreed we need some car pics mang!

Semper Fi bro.

·
Registered
164 Posts
welcome back jason and welcome to the community!

i can imagine iraq wasn't anywhere near as fun as driving a CRX :cry:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As soon as I can find updated photos of my CRX, I will have to figure out how to post them for those interested. Yes, Iraq was no vacation and I am happy to report that the suicide bombers out there, their car of choice is not the CRX. I did not see any in western Iraq, nor south of Baghdad during my stay there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
welcome back home. US. Very proud of all the soldiers that are out there. I wouldn't have the guts to be out there. Again, welcome back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the community!

This is a really LONG shot, but Ive gotta ask.

I just bought a Gray 91 Civic Hatch on ebay about a month ago, from a guy named Anis (Ah-niece), that lives in Woodbridge, Va.

I think he said he also drives an Audi A6, and some kind of Van. He works as a personal trainer at a gym, or something... thats all i know about him.

Anyway, he told me that he bought the Hatch from a friend that "went overseas" in "the army"...it wasnt you, or someone you know, was it? You dont happen to know the dude, do you?

I just had to ask, since I saw you were from there.

Later, Brx

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome back home man. Hopefully you dont have to go back there.
All of us really appreciate the sacrifice you guys and gals in the service have been making for us. Now, enjoy your time home, and drive your rex! its missed you!!!

later

Sneak

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I wish everyone was as friendly to have me here. I am now getting a divorce because my wife could not wait for me. Nice huh?

·
Registered
53 Posts
ouch, man.. sorry to hear that. Nice welcome back on her part, I hope you knew about this before coming back.. it would be so wrong for her to let you think everything was fine until you got home. :?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
man, thats not cool... you're off doing your job, and come back to find that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts