Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've posted a few times here, decided to post some quick pics of my new car. I'm Ryan, I used to hang out on the CRX Resource as LiTeSp3eD, some of you might remember me from N9, my friend Adam and I came up from Indiana in his silver DX minime CRX, camped, drank, went to the Sundowner, the whole deal :) I had kinda long hair then, down to my chin or so (or had a bandanna on), stretched earlobes...just to jog your memories.

I've had 2 CRXs in the past, an '89 Y49 with WW kit and DOHC ZC swap as well as a bone-stock silver '87 Si. I got out of the CRX thing for awhile, briefly drove a DSM (turbo AWD 91 Talon) and then a 91 Integra that I picked up with only 79k miles on it. For quite awhile now I've been itching to get back into a CRX.

Recently I saw a post on honda-tech of a guy in Chicago with a black CRX with an engine swap (exactly what I wanted) looking to trade for another Honda or Acura, in his list of things was a DA...so things worked out and we ended up trading straight up.

Well, here are some pics. It has steelies and snow tires on it right now, I have a set of 15" Rota Slipstreams that I'll throw on in a month or so. It's a '91 DX, SOHC VTEC ZC swap, Si transmission, H&R Springs, painted AEM intake (ugly!), Invidia catback exhaust, DC Sports header, ITR shifter, all new poly suspension and shifter bushings, Si interior (except the steering wheel and door panels, both from a Civic).

Of course I have a list of things that I want to do, from fixing/replacing bits and pieces that need work, relocating the battery from the metal box in the hatch into the cargo bin (with a little Hawker gel battery), ditching those clear corners (for stocks or all-ambers), tinting the windows, and so on. I didn't really clean it up for these pics, just wanted to get some pics up. Once I spend a little time working on it and get the Rotas on, I'll post some more pics...lemme know what you think, and it's great to be back in the CRX scene!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
People can't seem to stay away from the CRX. Welcome back! Nice looking car. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Welcome back mang!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JadeR said:
hahaha.. wassup Ryan! I like "sundowner, the whole ordeal" LOL
Hey Jade...haha no, I said "the whole deal", not "the whole ordeal". The Sundowner was a lot of things, but an ordeal (noun, a difficult or painful experience, especially one that severely tests character or endurance) was not one of them :)

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Look for more pics soon when I polish and wax, throw on the Rotas, etc. BTW, here's a pic of the Teg I traded for this CRX and the wheels that will make their way onto it. It was taken in much better light than the CRX pics, the paint on the rex is actually much better (2 year old paint job, mouldings and skirts painted). The Teg is factory paint, scratches, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
lol, thats what i get for reading it once. Altho I think it did test character and endurance LOL

·
Registered
257 Posts
welcome back..I am trying to remember you from N9....my memory is so poor. I didn't almost set you on fire did I??? lol j/k

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jonny_Black said:
welcome back..I am trying to remember you from N9....my memory is so poor. I didn't almost set you on fire did I??? lol j/k
Haha, I was definitely there for your fire-breathing antics, I didn't get ignited or anything though :)

Adam and I are in the foreground of this pic, him with the short hair and red-eye and me with the long stupid looking hair.

·
Registered
257 Posts
ahh ok..so I was sitting right across the table from ya that night..got ya.

the infamous fire tijuela pic...I will have to look for it. I know I got the CD around here somewheres

lol

JonnyB

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Welcome back, man :) We've almost got the whole gang over here now! Woot!

·
Registered
778 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
Adam and I are in the foreground of this pic, him with the short hair and red-eye and me with the long stupid looking hair.
hey man, nothing wrong with long hair, check me out to the left, i used to have long hair too haha

·
Registered
82 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
and me with the long stupid looking hair.
Ive got long stupid looking hair now! Mine looks like a really bad perm job or something, but its all-na-tur-al. I think my pics are still in the gallery section.

·
Registered
257 Posts
haha dren looks like obi wan konobi in that pic.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jonny_Black said:
haha dren looks like obi wan konobi in that pic.
its ewaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!

(if u find the pic offensive, you can take it down, just dont ban me without warning =P )

/hijack

·
Registered
257 Posts
I say...BAN HER!!!!

BWAHAHA

just messing with ya girl..you know I love ya. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.