Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wished out loud for a four door Civc Si and Honda has given it to us. Or at least they will be giving us a sedan Civic Si by the end of the year. And for a short while, I planned on buying a Si four door when they became available.

But the price of gas is climbing and I do not see it dropping in the near future. So while the Ciivc Si is relatively economical I am thinking that the next new car I purchase has to break the 30mpg barrier in city driving. And my need for four doors is diminishing as my children begin to live independant lives.

The new Fit certainly hits the economy numbers I am looking for, but the packaging is less than thrilling to my eye. I understand that the upright cabin maximizes room, but it still looks like a kitchen appliance on wheels.

Maybe, just maybe, Honda will introduce a coupe version of the Fit to the USDM. And if they could lower the roofline and center of gravity while adding a hatch I would be happy to snap one up.

Oh and by the way, could you get Mugen to whip up a LSD for that platform? If you could, I will be able to source all the other cool stuff on the aftermarket.

Scott

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't think making a 2-door Fit is as easy as it sounds.

Apparently, Honda had some trouble getting the Fit to pass the US's strict safety standards. Ultimately, they had to add some extra support in the roof...thats why you'll never see a USDM Fit with a sunroof. I'm sure making a 2-door version would require major reworking of the body, and I don't know whether Honda would be willing to do that for a body style that has been in production since 2001.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No sunroof is OK with me, I hate them.

Maybe we will get a variance on some safety standards when gas gets to $5 per gallon and the publci is begging for more fuel effceint vehicles.

And if the Jazz/Fit has been in production since 2001, then that product is nearing the end of its lifecycle. A redsign may come sooner rather than later and that would open the possibilty of a coupe version.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.