Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been one bad day so far and i dont see it getting any better. First, i wake up late to take my friend to court this morning, so im aready somewhat rushing. I get on the road, and start my hour drive. 20 mins into the trip, car shuts off, so i pull over to see what the problem is. Dont see anything wrong, but im getting no spark. First thought, the dizzy has gone bad. So i call the closest person to me that i thought might have a dizzy, Matt. After waking him up, he says he doesnt have on. No biggy. So i call a tow truck. So now im at the shop, they bring her in the back room and im pacing back and forth in the lobby. The nurse comes out and say your timing belt is broken. Crud.(not the word i used) They asked me if i wanted them to fix it. I said no, just tow it back to my house. Fine they said, an hour later the tow truck finally shows up and they load the car back up. I call up the person who i was spouse to take to court and shes pissed and doesnt want to talk to me. Great :x

So, i get my baby home and back in the garage just before it starts to rain. Rainy days always seem to bring you down. I start to dig into her. This is what i find, see a problem?

Not like thats bad enough, my garage is starting to flood, and all the bolts seem to be stuck. :evil:

About the only good thing that has gone right today is that i had a spare timing belt. But watch, it will be the wrong one for my car. :frusty: :frusty:

My rant is over for now, i just needed to vent and let other people know how bad of a day i was having.

:frusty: Tom

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing to add, I go to this site for help in the matter, knowing that there is a How to on timing belts, but what do you know, Post not found.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
if i wasnt at work, id come lend a hand.....if you get stuck all day i can see what i can do about later later.

like i siad on aim, i picked up the FSM when i was at home, so aim or call me with any questions.

just keep at it, youll get it done. i said a prayer for your valves.

[email protected]

·
Registered
686 Posts
Dodo said:
One more thing to add, I go to this site for help in the matter, knowing that there is a How to on timing belts, but what do you know, Post not found.
Here is a link to a page from out of the factory service manual for the D16Z6 and D16Z1
http://www.redpepperracing.com/technica ... ewsIndex=1
And a link to the D15B7 and D15B8
http://www.redpepperracing.com/technica ... ewsIndex=1
That site also has other FSM's on it, and all of the pages can be enlarged in the upper right corner. Hope that helps a bit, sorry to hear the bad news.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tiersin said:
Ouch. Thats one of my biggest fears. Are yu going to take the head off and inspect it or just pray for the best?
Right now i praying for the best, but if not, i think i'll borrow matts good head so i can get to new york, and then put my new Y8 head on.

SETI20 said:
Ouch. These things happen. Good friends you have, that they have no sympathy for your problems, while you were trying to help fix the ones they caused themselves.

She needs to grow up.
She cooled down as well, and started talking to me. I think she was just upset with the out come and me not being there.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phatboycrxhf said:
thats sucks man ,i asumme you cranked the piss out of it on the road right ??? im willing to bet bent valves now ,hope not but im sure there are

good luck ,im sure you get it all figured out :)
I wouldnt say i drive the piss out of it, but i do do some spirted driving.

Update-Its all back together and running. I messed up one of my spark plugs so i'll have to get a new one of those. Did a compresstion test, all seems good. There's no loud sounds coming from the engine but the Intake has gotten really loud :? If it wasnt for my you all and of course, Tom #1 and Matt, this would of taken me three or four times as long.

Thanks everyone
Tom #2

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
also, you forgot to mention, the chiltons guide for our car sucks! if tom didnt trust it, he wouldve had his car running even sooner!

the damn book tells you the wrong way to set your cam timing! eek

i felt bad i didnt mention the oddness that is setting the cam on the a6 motor.

as a gnereal quesiton, if hte compression test came out even and reasonably good, and the car is running pretty much ok, tom doesnt have to worry about valve damage correct?

[email protected]

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mattminerDOTcom said:
as a gnereal quesiton, if hte compression test came out even and reasonably good, and the car is running pretty much ok, tom doesnt have to worry about valve damage correct?

[email protected]
Thats a very good question that i kind of need to know, anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.