Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess I get to join the ranks of the violated! :rolleyes1:

My rex was busted into last night, I discovered it this morning. Almost got all the way in the car and started it before I noticed...hey!...my center console isn't supposed to be ripped off and in the passenger footwell, shift knob off, cracks all over the radio area....etc. Plus they jacked up my passenger door and handle to gain entry.

The thief got the radio faceplate, but must of been scared off by who knows what mid-theft, since the main unit was still in the dash. Not for lack of pry bar use. F'ing amateur. I've since removed the rest myself. But if they come back, f' it, cause they've already destroyed everything. Even managed to put some marks in my previously minty dashboard!! :evil:

I'm pretty well bummed, and btw, this same day some parts came for my car, maybe I can put them on so the thieves can get more free ****! G-damn am I angry, this is not healthy...

:edit: also, all I had was the radio, no huge speakers or sub, amp, or anything else. freaking worthless bastards that do this type of stuff for a few bucks on the black market. argggggh!

·
Registered
820 Posts
that really sucks man, i have been through a similar experiance i had a 1993 geo metro that i actually built up a little sound system in and it got broken into and everything stolen out of it, didnt actually break in but after that i lost all interest in the car... gutted out the plastics in the back and the back seat and in general just stopped caring about the car im sorry to hear about this sort of thing happening to you and hope that they catch the guy or you do and give him a good beating..

·
Registered
52 Posts
mine has been broken into (outside parking), stolen (at the mall), and within the last few days in storage, hit. i mean, not even safe in my underground parking!! the guy who lives in my complex hit it and didn't even bother to do anything.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words/stories everyone. A friend found an article in the paper, a few cars were hit up the street the same night as mine. :rolleyes1:

Insurance should cover it, I have a zero deductible so that's a plus. Bad part is there are a few parts with very minor damage (like the dash) that I'm sure the insurance won't want to pay for.

Time will tell, no date yet for the estimator to come out and take a look but I have the police report and made my insurance claim.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was working on monday. And this guy came in for food and stayed mabey 3 min and left. Then came running back in. In that 3min somebody had stolen his car. The funny thing is that the car was sitting right in front of my store. And the whole front wall is glass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.