Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 carburated California CRX has some kind of vacum assembly sitting on top of the intake manifold. When I block off the hose from it and seal off the vacum that goes from the air cleaner into the part and into the intake manifold it runs pretty well. I went to the dealer and they did'nt know what it was until I showed them on their parts computer. anyway I ordered the part and some other vacum hose fittings because when I block off the hose from it that goes to the air cleaner the car seems to run fine. :rolleyes1: Unfortunately, the new parts didn't help and I went back to sealing off the hose so that the engine idles again. Will I hurt anything on the engine by leaving this plugged? Anyone have any ideas?
Oh by the way I found out that on my engine I need a factory thermostat or the engine runs too hot. NAPA shows two different thermostats, and I tried both of them-neither one worked. The factory one was shaped way different and the gasket actually fit the grooves in the thermostat housing. :wink:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
no you won't hurt anything, if it's running better, leave it that way.

a friend of mine had a '91 Trans Am with all kinds of crazy tubes and hoses for emissions (80's style!), we hacked through parts, changed hose locations, you name it just to make it run right. And often times it would change personalities a couple months later and we switch things around again!

Good times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.