Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At roughly noon I left work for lunch as usual. Went home had a bowl of mac and cheese, its was good. Left home and was about 2 min from work and roughly 1pm a 2001 Chevy full size truck tried to dart across 2 lanes of traffic out of the Arbys parking lot.

I left skid marks 8-10ft long but hit him on his back tire and bent the lower part of the bed up. I believe I made contact at close to 20mph or less. The crx took a nasty hit to the face. :cry:

sorry if the pics dont look too good, i took with with my phone.

The WW front bumper is trashed. Its torn in 3 places.
Corner light is still MIA, it might be wedged in his truck somwhere :?
The hood even though it wasnt the best shape is trashed beyond repair.
The headlight is trashed.
The headlight frame area is bent out of shape.
Judging by the seam sealer around the factory welds part of the unibody from the fender/ washer bottle area is bent. The sealer use to be all black but I can see where its pulled apart.
Fender is trashed, obviously.
Driver door has damage from opening into the fender.
Car now pulls to the left.
My valve cover is now scratched up too
Im not sure how the insuranance gets the value of a car though. Ive check NADA and they have it 2,800 average and $3400 high value. KBB is not so generous. 2.2k average and 2,800 high value.

I really dont know if they will bother trying to fix it. I know it doesnt look bad but you know stuff is going to add up. WW bumper aparently no one can locate anything and the paint wasnt cheap either.

Well atleast Im not hurt. I would like to choke the 71 year old man since he started cussing me and telling me I should have stopped :evil: Luckily there was a state police officer not far off and I think he may have saw what happened. When the city police showed up he told that officer the guy pulled out in front of me and that I tried to stop the best I could. All of the officers were pretty cool.

When the old man started up with the "he should of stopped and I think he was speeding!" I went off. The state police guy pulled me to the side and just told me to calm down that he was getting a ticket and I did nothing wrong.

Now I just need a rental car to get me by :?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Ouch krix...let us know how the insurance thing goes.Hopefully you can make her good as new with a insurance fix up.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
The front frame is replaceable. But if the side rail is bent and it pulls to one side, it's probably gone.

You could have it pulled straight. But you're always going to have alignment issues. It's also not the best weakspot to have with that H22 in there. Those are kinda torquey.

Sorry dude. I hope they cut you a decent cheque and let you keep the car.
It's worth it.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
damn.

that makes me want to :cry:

I hope insurance comes through for you.
That man pulls in front of you, and then he had the nerve to say it's your fault! Jerkass. Some older people should not drive. :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
If I didnt have to fix my car in the same area, I'd let you have that section of the frame off my parts car.

Damn that sucks. But like everybody else said, at least your alright.

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
Does your state allow you to take it to whatever repair facility you want? Do they write you a check after estimating damage or just pay the place where you get repairs? Some insurances will try to screw you for your aftermarket bumper. You did talk to your own insurance about all this so they can help you in case the other insurance tries to screw you right?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im allowed by va state law to take it anywhere I want. for the estimate state farm will do their own and I can get 2 or 3 more. There is one body shop in town that only uses OEM parts, so I may go there. I bought the fenders brand new from honda when i put the body kit on so they are only a few years old...MINT condition. Either way when I get the estimate I will be critiqueing (sp?) it to make sure I dont get stuck with used or subpar junk. The way I see it, if I put OEM/quality onto my car the sob's should replace it with it. The bumper I just dont know about though.

I dont know what they will do about the bumper, luckily I still have the reciept from where I bought it, same with the fenders. The are in for one hell of a fight though. I have stacks of reciepts to prove everything Ive ever done to the car.

My insurance company told me I can go about it a few ways.
1) Wait for state farm to take care of everthing.
2) Pay out of pocket and have state farm reinburse me.
3) File it on my insurance and have Nationwide go take it out of state farms ass :lol:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to state farm today. They have not been able to contact their client. My guess is he is avoiding them. They told me they will not do anything until they talk to him and see if they really do have any liability :?, but if he avoids them to long he can have his insurance cancelled and they could press charges since he wasnt cooperating with their investigation. Might be b.s. but if its not I hope it doesnt come to that.

They then told me that if they cant get in touch with him they will have to wait until they get the police report, which could be a week or more. He did tell me that I could go to the station and get the report myself and fax it over to get things moving faster though. So I guess Ill have to wait until monday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.