Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I look? I took apart the whole climate control shiznat, it looks like the fan speed controller is electronic? Crap! It doesnt come on at all.

I'll check for fuses, but what else is there?

Yes, I already kicked the fan thingee really hard. :wink:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I would call the fan speed controller electro-mechanical at best.

You have the blower motor, a resistor pack, the fan speed switch and wires in between. Fused, ignition switched power runs to the blower motor + terminal. Power flows out of the motor's negative terminal and through 1, 2 or 3 coils of the resistor pack, or bypasses the resistor pack all together depending on which speed is selected by the fan switch. The switch's common terminal is connected to ground, completing the circuit.

Get a 12v test light or multi-meter, unplug the blower motor connector and check for power at the various speed settings. If you get power on any of the settings but the motor doesn't run, your motor is shot. If you don't get power at any speed, I would check the blower fuse, ground connection, switch and wiring in that order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.