Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about it. Good battery? how long will it last before discharging if I leave my car parked? With alarm on? A week? 3 days? Also I read the CCAs is 170 vs stock is 450, is that even good? I live in Tx coldest it it gets is maybe 20s in Winter. I want this battery because im buying the bracket to mounted under the regular location, by the tranny.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Pulse (5-second) Hot Cranking Amps: 520
Cold Cranking Amps: 170
20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah): 16
Reserve Capacity Minutes: 24
Battery specs are a bit tricky. So is telling you how long the battery will last; depends on how much your alarm draws when 'sleeping', among other things. CCA is measured at 0*F.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Mine can last about 10 days with my Viper alarm. But I just disconnect it (it's in the rear hatch area) instead and reconnect it back if I'm going to be leaving it for any particular amount of time.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I had it for years. What a pain. I finally switched back to a standard battery. If you leave the car for any significant length of time 1-2 weeks you need to put it on a battery maintainer, not a trickle charger that would ruin it. Mine once discharged overnight when I was camping because someone left a phone charger plugged in overnight! The only thing it is good for is making space under the hood.

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
It's a racing battery, meant to shave weight. You should expect some drawbacks. Don't use it to run the headlights and radio for a late night basketball match, or expect it to turn the starter for an hour, and you'll be fine. I had one for years and it served me well. When it eventually died I bought another one.

It even sat disconnected for several winters and never needed a jump in the spring.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most I go without driving my car is about a week 5-7 days with alarm on. I really dont want a big battery since I dont want to install a box, I want a clean install, hidden. Only battery I see hidden in the cargo box it the 680, not sure of any bigger will fit there, also thinking of mounting it by tranny with the PasswordJDM 680 battery holder. I can always discount it if I wont drive it for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Mine's all the way at the rear of the car and it's not a big deal. It works completely fine on daily use in summertime. Unless you're leaving it stored for over a week and a half with some kind of trickle on it, it really shouldn't be a big deal if done properly.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool cool, yea I always use 0 gauge when relocating a battery. Well ill give it a go and buy one next check. Anyone know where to buy a cheaper 680 holder that goes by the tranny? PasswordJDM is CF I wouldn't mind a metal one if cheaper.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had one for a few years and absolutely love it! I have a 350w sub amp and stock 60 amp alternator and zero problems with power. Just finishing my DPFI to MPFI conversion and it had no problem cranking 20 times at 3 sec a pop while I was troubleshooting. If that battery dies on you quick, you can be sure you have either a current leak somewhere or a ridiculous amount of low draw gadgets.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.