Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn grill blew up on me tonight and burnt the piss outta my arm and hand.
Anybody got any good remedies to ease the stinging?
My insurance sucks so I'm not going to the hospital.
Its not a second degree.No blisters(yet),but damn it stings like a mo-fo! :shock: :cry:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Aloe works wonders

·
Registered
633 Posts
My x and I got 2nd ° sunburns after a boat trip to a island off the MS coast, (NO SUNSCREEN) she went to the ER and racked up an $1300 bill, I waited and went to my dermotoligst and paid $66. and got a rx for some cream that worked wonders. The aloe stuff we were using before the DR visit sucked ass, stung when appling and then dried the skin up as it dried, a few or the worst days of our life.
Rx I used was "Triamcinolone .1% cr120gm" I think it cost like $12

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro, thats rough stuff. Something I've always been done has been to take USED tea bags, like just regular orange pekoe tea, soak them in a bowl of cold water, then soak the burn in that water. It moisturizes the burn, draws the heat out, and theres stuff in the tea to prevent scars and help heal it. Aloe Vera works as well, but I've never used it on a second degree so I don't know.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I'd say Aloe too, but never put it in ice water. That will cause it to blister, pop and get infected. Use cool tap water, it doesn't shock it as bad.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
owwwwww!! good luck on your recovery, I'd say get some nice medicated cream from the drugstore. I had a wicked sunburn all over my back and sides last august, my whole back's skin freaking fell off, and aloe vera help a little at first, but seemed to be useless after only one day. Something from a doctor or pharmicist I think is in order with your case, or just mega pain killers.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
in related news....

A few years ago I was out grilling chicken for my roommates. I had one of the little camping grills. WEll, about halfway through cooking, the grill went out. I didn't realize for a bit, until I went to flip the chicken. I grabbed the trigger lighter, and started clicking it under the grill... took about 4 times for it to light, and when it did, it sure did! The fireball came up my arm, around my face, ect. I jumped off the porch and went into a roll thinking I was on fire, lol. When I looked back, the grill was open (I had closed it to light it), and the aluminum foil I was cooking on was shredded. My roommate was upstairs watching the entire thing, and was laughing his ass off from the window. I ended up burning all the hair off my arms, but that was all, luckily.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the help guys.
I have been using aloe and "dealing" with the pain.Its better now.
I got real lucky that the hair on my head(or lack thereof) didnt catch.
Now that I look back on it I'm sure I could sell videos of me flapping back from the grill like a bird and splashing headfirst into my kids pool. :lol: :lol:
If anyone wants the gory details I sustained a kind of 1.5 degree burn all over my right arm and hand.
Its more than a 1st degree but it never blistered so its not a 2nd.Also all the hair on my right arm is gone and I singed my eyelashes and right eyebrow.
I'll be nursing this one for a few days till the tenderness goes away.

Now on to what shall be the punishment for this criminal grill? Hmm death by drowning in the river? Maybe take the grill out for a nice drive behind the van? :twisted: Muhahahahaha
Any creative ideas?

·
Registered
603 Posts
ollie said:
Thanks for all the help guys.
I have been using aloe and "dealing" with the pain.Its better now.
I got real lucky that the hair on my head(or lack thereof) didnt catch.
Now that I look back on it I'm sure I could sell videos of me flapping back from the grill like a bird and splashing headfirst into my kids pool. :lol: :lol:
If anyone wants the gory details I sustained a kind of 1.5 degree burn all over my right arm and hand.
Its more than a 1st degree but it never blistered so its not a 2nd.Also all the hair on my right arm is gone and I singed my eyelashes and right eyebrow.
I'll be nursing this one for a few days till the tenderness goes away.

Now on to what shall be the punishment for this criminal grill? Hmm death by drowning in the river? Maybe take the grill out for a nice drive behind the van? :twisted: Muhahahahaha
Any creative ideas?
2 words dude, HOMEMADE TREBUCHE!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.