Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BC CRX Meet 9
Sat 24 June 2006

Meeting at 88th Avenue Automotive in Walnut Grove, Langley, British Columbia with a cruise to Manning Park for lunch.

Time, directions and details to be posted on a yet-to-be-hosted website.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The domain CRX.CA should be online as of Thu 4 May. I have a makeshift website set up until I can upload all the html and photos tomorrow evening.

I'll have flyers made up for you guys within a fair driving distance to BC (AB, WA, ID, OR, CA, etc) to put them on CRXs you see.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We typically get 20-30 cars but have had times where only a dozen show. If the weather is crappy, we've have a good turnout and a bad one. I have someone who will put a form online for registration so we can get a better idea of how many are coming for sure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ive only been to a handful of meets, and they were all in my buddy's VW. I am down for this one for sure.

there are 5 or 6 CRXs around where i live, ill distribute flyers if i can print them off the internet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Registration is now online and the page is revamped considerably. Also, the host and major sponsor is giving-away 1 or 2 rim and tire packages. The page is: http://crx.ca/bcmeet

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not sure the brand, but with new tires and free? Who cares?

After working 5.5 hours on the website, I haven't had a chance to make a flyer. I'll see if I can get one up tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, Mike. I don't know how that got buggered-up. Have a look on the Attendees list and see if it's all correct now.

BTW, I finally got a flyer up. I've fighting a cold which turned into a flu.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Stavros said:
icarusdown said:
Registered

but it's listing my name as Alex Manousiadis from Vancouver, BC. ???

(should be Mike Towers from Olympia, WA.)
thats my name, you thief!
then you stole my email address! thief!!! :p

BTW, some of the people I've talked to are wondering if there will be trouble free room to do burnouts and what not? Or is this likely to cause heat with the local law enforcement and put a damper on the meet?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you ruin your tires, the host would be happy. He'd sell you some new ones. :p Well, the police probably wouldn't be too happy about that. It's the same area that there has been an organised street racing problem over the years. The police may make the meet an opportunity to harass all the CRX owners. I really wouldn't try it there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i signed up to go but now i realise i cant make it. Its my birthday on the 22nd, so im drinking friday night (the 23rd) and planning on being hungover AT WORK :x Saturday morning cuz they didnt approve my time off... jerks

so not only will be in a bad way with dehydration and other effects of liquor the night before... i WONT be driving my car with a bunch of other people who own the same car and share their love of it with me.

I am not a happy guy, cuz i was looking forward to this, my first meet...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Stavros said:
i signed up to go but now i realise i cant make it. Its my birthday on the 22nd, so im drinking friday night (the 23rd) and planning on being hungover AT WORK :x Saturday morning cuz they didnt approve my time off... jerks

so not only will be in a bad way with dehydration and other effects of liquor the night before... i WONT be driving my car with a bunch of other people who own the same car and share their love of it with me.

I am not a happy guy, cuz i was looking forward to this, my first meet...
no problem,you have a good excuse to get off, go out fri knight and get drunk get up sat call in sick cause you drank to much and come to the meet :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Definitely an awesome meet. About 30 CRX's showed up. The host company "Wheels West" was very generous to allow us to use their parking lot *AND* they donate two sets of 17" rims with tires as door prizes. If anyone wants to check out their store, it's www.wheelswest.ca

There was a lot of support from various different companies by their donations or offers of discounts on products. I can only hope that these companies get the recognition that they deserve so that we have their continued support in years to come.

I have a few pics of the meet, but my camera's shutter was doing weird things. Please forgive the darkened corners in the pics.

BC CRX Meet Pics

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.