Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
drive as fast as you can down the freeway, those little metal bits will FLY right off :p

no, dont do that... my buddy got off a speeding ticket by telling a cop he was "drying his car after washing it" but i dont think that kind of thing will work every time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stavros, that sounds like a great idea. I love going fast, Its hella fun. But then i'll get bug guts and stuff. And possibley a ticket.
Crx 2nv, I never thought of that. Thats a great idea. All I gotta do is find a compressor i can use, and just dust all that shtuff off.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
you may have finished already but anyway....tac rag to get the bigger particles off and some wax and grease remover or other such solvent if you want the surface truly clean.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
wash it with dish soap and lots of water. You can also get some prep-solve (probably similar to acetone, I never read whats in it) and wipe the car down with some soft white paper towels. You keep wiping until the towel stays white.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now, when you say wash it with soap and water, do you mean take it outside, spray the whole car down with water, get a sponge or whatever and wash it like I would any other day? That won't cause rust? Or get a rag and just wipe it down with soap and water?
Until the towel stays white?
If I wash it like any other day, should I worry about rust? If I wipe it down quickly it should not be a problem. Right?

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
As long as you dry it off well, it should be ok. My car has been sitting with bare metal for a while now, and it suprisingly hasn't started rusting. Just make sure to use dish soap, like Dawn, Joy, Palmolive, ect... do not use car wash soap. Car soaps include silicons to coat and protect the paint, but your paint won't stick over the top. Yes, you will be spraying it off with a hose though.

If you wash it with towels, you would be using the prep solvent. You basically poor a bit into the towel (make sure the paper towel doesn't leave fuzz or dust, you'll probably really want a roll of the blue shop towels) and start wiping in straight lines along the car. Repeat this until the prep-solv doesn't pick up anymore dirt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.