Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm past due for new pads and i figured i'd splurge and get some HAWK HPS pads, but from some of the reviews i've read they get pretty noise after a while. anyone have any experience with them? what other pads should i look for?

i dont do any autocrossing or anything, just some spirited driving :wink:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have Hawk HPS pads. I haven't noticed dust levels any different from oem brakes. Hawk HP+ pads will eat through your rotors much faster. A lot of guys don't recommend them for daily driving. I think they are aimed at the autocross guys.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have the Hawk racing pads and boy do they grip! I only run them on my Si. My DX I just have some generic Autozone ceramic pads. They work better than the OEM pads and dust less. I really like them for daily driving.

Those racing pads really bite when you get hard on the brake.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
My roommate has HPS on powerslots on his RSX type S. Definitely feel better than before, but they do dust a lot. Maybe it's different for the car, maybe the wheels make it more noticable, but his wheels (stock Acura) are always filthy in the front.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm, i was reading on thier site that they're supposed to give off very little dust. eh, its no biggie anyway, my sawblades have seen much better days :cry: As long as they're quiet.

right now my pads are squeeling like Henry Hill.... :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.