Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I smash em? ;) I know my gf is hoping you all say yes because she's eagerly waiting with the sledge hammer in hand. Seriously, I thinking I'm going to replace the glass down the road because the are all chipped/cracked. Just want to make sure that I'm not making a huge mess for myself if there's an easier way to cut them out.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The windshield will have a 50/50 chance of survival anyway. We just pulled the glass on the white car, and with a pro glass guy, it still broke. he rear 1/4 windows came out like a charm though (they usually do)...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SETI20 said:
Yeah, take it out, THEN let her go to town on it and have her clean it up afterwards.
Sounds like a good compromise...the windows come out, and she still gets to smash em.

BTW, I've already tried the piano wire and broom handle idea. I don't know what kind of urethane glue was used on the windshield, but the piano wire definitely won't cut through it. How much are those other tools and where do I get one?

·
Registered
416 Posts
By the time you pay for the tool you could probably just pay someone to remove all your glass. The only glass I'm replacing on mine is the windshield and the passenger and driver side glass, which the passenger side has already been replaced due to the theft last month. So it is important that my rear quarter and rear hatch glass doesn't brake. I don't trust myself doing so the guy who is media blasting it for me is doing it.

I've heard horror stories of the rear quarter glass breaking pretty easily. Didn't black_krix have some trouble?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya...well, if it breaks, oh well! I'm planning on replacing the rear quarter glass anyways because the previous owner had big decals on the window with his name on it for years...so a silhoutte of his name is permanently faded into the glass.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
haha, I'm sorry stic... I just find that funny

If you smash any of the glass, count on it being all over. WE thought it would be a good idea to further smash out the windshield of a parts car... tossed a DX manifold through the windshield.... it was a ton of fun trying to get back into the car now to get anything out of it.

I also was working on a friend's Accord, her power window had stuck, and ran off the track. I was trying to slide it back up, stinkin thing EXPLODED in my face... not fun, it scared the poo outta me.

I would have it done... glass is just a pita.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts